Synchronising Cache

tomPChelp

I am using ImgBurn 2.5.5.0 on a Lenovo SL510 laptop running Windows XP Pro with SP3. When I write files, no matter how small, to a DVD-RW disk (on Matshita DVD-RAM UJ890 drive), the following happens: After writing is completed (according to the moving completion bar and %), ImgBurn seems to be hanging for many minutes (at least 6) while the log displays "Synchronising Cache...". During such time, ImgBurn cannot be terminated (even with Task Manager). Is there a way to eliminate the long "Synchronising Cache" time period?

ImgBurn log is attached for copying a CDROM (with some photo files) to DVD-RW. It shows 6:08 minutes for "Synchronising Cache". The same long "Synchronising Cache" delay occurs even if only a few small files are copied from hard disk to DVD-RW.

ImgBurnLog.txt

No matter how much (or little) you think you're burning, the drive will probably end up writing at least 1GB to the disc - and it'll be doing that when the program sends the sync cache command.

So at 2x, it's normal for the drive to take that long to do it.

Use DVD+RW to avoid it.

Thank you very much for the information. Since I don't happen to have DVD+RW disks at the moment, I wrote a 383 MB ISO file to a CD-R disk to see how much time is needed for "Synchronising Cache". Average write rate indicated for the CD was 2,228 kB/sec. as shown in the attached log file. "Synchronising Cache" took 6 seconds according to the log. (It seemed even less.) The average (2x) write rate for the DVD write was 2,770 kB/sec.; similar to the CD write rate. So it seems odd that the DVD needed 6 minutes for "Synchronising Cache" versus the CD's 6 seconds.

ImgBurnLog2.txt

You forget that, as LUK said above, the drive is rounding up to 1 GB of writing on the DVD burn, and that's what takes long while synchronising the cache.

Use the Discovery mode (it does a full size burn) to write your DVD-RW disc and you'll see that the Synchronising cache will be quick.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.