copy a disc of x-rays

lnjr

Hello,

My mother has some x-rays (an MRI to be exact) that she was given on a disc to take to another doctors office. I have used imgburn in the past to burning iso files but never to copy a disc. I just want to be sure that I am doing this correctly before I go and take this disk to the new doctor (want to have a copy for us in case we need it again and don't get this one back).

Anyway, I am guessing that in order to do this I would need to follow the steps on How to Create an Image File from a Disc using ImgBurn (http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=6379) and then follow the steps on How to Write an Image File to a disc (http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=61)

Is this correct?

Thanks So Very Much

Thanks for getting back to me ~ I greatly appreciate it. However, I do have another question. When I select the read option it is stating that it is saving the file as a .bin yet in the second set of steps it says to look for the file and that I should be looking for a *.cue or *.mds file and that if I can't locate one of those to look for *.iso.

If I am trying to create another *.iso file should I be changing the option in step one in destination file to *.iso instead? There is no option for *.cue or *.mds ~ just *.iso, *.bin, *.img and all files (*.*).

Thanks so Very Much

What type of disc is it that you're trying to copy?

CD or DVD?

The program creates the CUE/MDS files itself and they're always named as such. They're just tiny files containing info about the image data (stored in the ISO/BIN).

So leave the destination file name extension (type) as whatever ImgBurn sets it to in the first place. It has good reason for going with whatever it goes with :)

When you switch to Write mode to burn the image you just created, right click the little yellow folder icon 'browse for file' button and you'll get a list of recently used files.

You should find the image you just created right at the top of the list.

The disc that I am trying to copy is one that we received from the place that did my mothers MRI of her knee prior to surgery. I am guessing that is it a standard cdr and the only information on the disc itself is the name of the practice, their phone number and location - sort of lightscribed onto the disc or the discs are purchased with all that information on them to begin with.

I did go ahead with the settings that were preset by the software program (figured that if it didn't work out I could always delete it and start over again). The preset option in the section for destination file is .bin so I left it that way and let it create the file. When it was done there was a .bin and a .iso file on my desktop. So I just used the .iso file when following the steps for "How to write an image file to disk" and al went well until the verify part of the process. For whatever reason I got an error stating

I/O Error!

Device: [0:0:0] TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M SBO6 (F:)(USB)

CDB: BE 00 00 00 10 46 00 00 01 F8 00 00

Interprtation: Read CD - Sector: 4166

Reason: The semaphore timeout period has expired.

with three boxes - cancel try again continue

I kept clicking on try again and the same error would reappear so I tried continue with the same problem so I just selected cancel and closed the program.

Now I'm not sure it if had anything to do with the fact the the pc does not have a cd-writer in it so I use an external cd/dvd writer (which I have used in the past with the program with no problems) or if it was because of the fact that I put a cd-rw disc in to burn the .iso image to.

Either way, I later installed the disc into the cd drive of the pc and was able to open it and view the films just like on the original disc.

Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.