iso from file

johnnie2

As a newcome to this forum can I first say I am blown away by how much free technical help is available here. OK pretty new to dual layer disk creation but I have a HD canon cam and as a hobby I make films/dvd's for friends etc free. I create videos in Roxio and export them as MP4 video, OK so it is pretty easy to convert to SD but that's pants compared to HD now the confusing bit how do I get a MP4 video of 6 GB onto a ISO then onto a dual layer I don't have Vob, Ifo and Bup. OK I have commited the cardinal sin of not using verbatin but drone purly for cost (I am senior of 72) before I found imgburn but of course being obedient I have now ordered verbatin DVD+R DL full face printable.

If you just want to the burn the 6GB MP4 'as-is', simply add it to the Source box in Build mode (write files/folders to disc), insert your DL and burn away.

The disc will only work in players supporting MP4 files (probably only certain Blu-ray players) or in computers.

If you want the disc playable in ALL standard DVD players you'll have to convert the MP4 into DVD Video (SD) format and then burn that instead.

If you just want to the burn the 6GB MP4 'as-is', simply add it to the Source box in Build mode (write files/folders to disc), insert your DL and burn away.

The disc will only work in players supporting MP4 files (probably only certain Blu-ray players) or in computers.

If you want the disc playable in ALL standard DVD players you'll have to convert the MP4 into DVD Video (SD) format and then burn that instead.

Thank you for your very informative reply. I would like to play the dvd as a HD in a HD player so does that mean I have to export as something different than MP4 file. Anything up to 41 minutes fits on a single layer disk which is fine but I need to get it into Video_vs. I am in a learning process right now but I love this programme.

VIDEO_TS is DVD Video format and therefore only SD, not HD.

To make it into a BD Video (AVCHD) type disc (BDAV/BDMV folder) you'll have to use something like multiAVCHD.

Then you can burn its output using the BD Video guide in the Guides forum.

Thank you I will have a go at that

VIDEO_TS is DVD Video format and therefore only SD, not HD.

To make it into a BD Video (AVCHD) type disc (BDAV/BDMV folder) you'll have to use something like multiAVCHD.

Then you can burn its output using the BD Video guide in the Guides forum.

I have downloaded multiAVHD and now I am in information overload lol! I have some swotting to do.

The doom9 forums are the best place to go for that program :)

Thank you I've joined that as well. What would you suggest out of all the available formats is the best quality nearest to HD that can be achieved to play on all plyers?

Well, if you're talking ALL players (so basic DVD players), the best format would be the normal DVD Video format!

Basically you have 2 choices.

Either you make it into a DVD Video disc or you make it in to a BD Video (AVCHD) disc.

One works on all DVD/BD players, the other only works on BD players.

Well, if you're talking ALL players (so basic DVD players), the best format would be the normal DVD Video format!

Either you make it into a DVD Video disc or you make it in to a BD Video (AVCHD) disc.

Thank you for all your help it has really opened up a whole new field for me. Previously I just render out the film so it comes out under the dreaded red line mepg2 providing it fits and bingo but now because I have a blueray and a HD tv the quality is just so much better in HD, to be honest all the different formats are a little confusing when you don't know what they will do. I am so impressed with your programme and I want to use it as much as possible so I have to remember/learn to get things in the right file format for making HD on dual layer or single layer or DVD on single layer or as I have now discovered on dual layer and not have to convert. Trust me i already have a better understanding of this since joining here. I think I now understand I can have high quality DVD by using dual layer without having to necessarily go to AVHD (I THINK).

Thank you for all your help it has really opened up a whole new field for me. Previously I just render out the film so it comes out under the dreaded red line mepg2 providing it fits and bingo but now because I have a blueray and a HD tv the quality is just so much better in HD, to be honest all the different formats are a little confusing when you don't know what they will do. I am so impressed with your programme and I want to use it as much as possible so I have to remember/learn to get things in the right file format for making HD on dual layer or single layer or DVD on single layer or as I have now discovered on dual layer and not have to convert. Trust me i already have a better understanding of this since joining here. I think I now understand I can have high quality DVD by using dual layer without having to necessarily go to AVHD (I THINK).

Have to say I have just realised I have been going the wrong way with AVHD on dual layer I should be doing Blueray particularly as I have a BD recorder

If your project will fit on a DVD+R DL (even at max bitrate), you might just find it more cost effective to use them rather than BD-R discs.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do :)

Thank you I need all the luck I can muster lol. I now have verbatin DL which cost me £1 each I have also seen traxdata blueray 25 gig at £1.1p each as I am not likely to be using no more than about a half of that do you think I would save myself some hassle by using them. As of now I have not burnt onto a blueray.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.