Can't Read Sony home DVD; wants me to 'Build'

johnnyelectron

With older versions of ImageBurn (prior to v2.5.6.0) I could simply "READ" my DVD from my home SONY DVD recorder of school videos on a DVD and CREATE an ISO file that I could later burn to make a duplicate DVD.

Now, I can no longer select "READ" and make an ISO copy from my home DVD recorder; it now tells me to use the "BUILD" command - but it is looking for FILES, not a DVD drive.

How do I get my home DVD into a 'file' and then 'build' it so I will have an ISO that I can then copy? Do I make sense in my description?

I simply want to make a DVD backup copy of my Sony home DVD recorder's DVD with several titles/chapters on it.

Thanks!

If 2.5.6.0 is telling you to use Build mode, the discs you've got from previous versions probably aren't very good copies. It would have taken a disc with multiple tracks / sessions and just treated them as one thing. It was wrong to do that and that's why 2.5.6.0 doesn't do it.

All you need to do is add the drive letter of your dvd drive (i.e. 'E:\') to the 'Source' box and then click the build button.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.