Ejecting Device Tray

ernaniaroldo

Is there any way NOT to eject automatically (cycle) the drive tray before verification and after burning is completed ?

Please notice that I don't mean only after burning (that I have already configured by unticking the Eject tab) but burn + verify.

Need to add that ImgBurn is the only software that ejects the device tray before verification.

All the rest (eg Nero) don't.

Any ideas ?

Many thanks in advance !

Cycling the tray is actually quite important and picks up on issues that would otherwise go unnoticed.

Don't think that just because some other tools don't do it that they're correct... they aren't.

The option you're looking for is aptly named 'Cycle Tray Before Verify' and can be found on the 'Write' tab in the 'Settings'.

The only time I'd ever consider turning it off is if I had a laptop with a slimline drive that has to be loaded manually.

Cycling the tray is actually quite important and picks up on issues that would otherwise go unnoticed.

Don't think that just because some other tools don't do it that they're correct... they aren't.

The option you're looking for is aptly named 'Cycle Tray Before Verify' and can be found on the 'Write' tab in the 'Settings'.

The only time I'd ever consider turning it off is if I had a laptop with a slimline drive that has to be loaded manually.

That's exactly the reason !!!

However do you believe that I shouldn't turn it off even though I use a laptop ?

Thanks again for your reply !

If you're usually near the PC and able to push it back in, leave it enabled.

If you aren't and would prefer to go away, come back and find it all finished, disable it.

I don't rate slimline drives as burners - they're all pretty rubbish. If you're burning enough discs to make pushing in the tray a real issue, maybe you should consider buying an external normal size drive that can eject+load by itself.

If you're usually near the PC and able to push it back in, leave it enabled.

If you aren't and would prefer to go away, come back and find it all finished, disable it.

I don't rate slimline drives as burners - they're all pretty rubbish. If you're burning enough discs to make pushing in the tray a real issue, maybe you should consider buying an external normal size drive that can eject+load by itself.

Can I perform verification of the burned project after exiting ImgBurn on a later time ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.