Turning off Java/JavaScript

dbminter

Is there a way to turn off Java/JavaScript for an individual page? Or for a temporary basis? Such as loading a page, turning it off, then back on? Like maybe with a "command line" in the Address field? And, I realize it may differ from browser to browser. Otherwise, now, it seems the only way to do it is to go into options and do it manually. Firefox is apparently getting buggier with new releases, and, the last update has produced a lot of pages where scripts become unresponsive. (The ' opening the Find introduced two or three revisions ago is still there and widely documented.) For sites where you're uploading something, this can just kill the transfer entirely.

This is kinda going 'round the mountain to piss next door...

but try using Zone Alarm to block java script. In the Privacy module, on the Options pop menu--Mobile Code tab.

Knowing you, I'm sure you've already tried this, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

I haven't experience the issues you have. In fact, FF is running better than ever, both on the Desktop and the laptop.

it's not perfect, of course, but it's better than IE. Microsoft's concept of security is akin to putting the code to the burglar alarm on the outside of the keypad--in Roman numerals.

Is there a way to turn off Java/JavaScript for an individual page? Or for a temporary basis? Such as loading a page, turning it off, then back on? Like maybe with a "command line" in the Address field? And, I realize it may differ from browser to browser. Otherwise, now, it seems the only way to do it is to go into options and do it manually. Firefox is apparently getting buggier with new releases, and, the last update has produced a lot of pages where scripts become unresponsive. (The ' opening the Find introduced two or three revisions ago is still there and widely documented.) For sites where you're uploading something, this can just kill the transfer entirely.

Actually, you have had the same problems. :lol:

Being able to turn off Java/Javascript for an individual page would stop the fucking annoying file upload stops on file servers. It's the Java that is causing the problem. The scripts aren't completing, and, normally, it should ask you to Cancel, etc. But, if it doesn't, you'll still think it's sending because Firefox STILL thinks it's sending, waiting for you to tell it to cancel the script. Which it sometimes doesn't tell you it wants. :rolleyes: If Java was temporarily disabled, this MIGHT prevent the problem... then again, most likely, given how the fuckers operate, you'd NEED the Java just to run the upload. :doh:

Given the near ubiquity of java scripts in web pages its not a terribly ptractical suggestoin. Just a thought.

Actually, you have had the same problems. :lol:

Being able to turn off Java/Javascript for an individual page would stop the fucking annoying file upload stops on file servers. It's the Java that is causing the problem. The scripts aren't completing, and, normally, it should ask you to Cancel, etc. But, if it doesn't, you'll still think it's sending because Firefox STILL thinks it's sending, waiting for you to tell it to cancel the script. Which it sometimes doesn't tell you it wants. :rolleyes: If Java was temporarily disabled, this MIGHT prevent the problem... then again, most likely, given how the fuckers operate, you'd NEED the Java just to run the upload. :doh:

I know the question was about Firefox, but with the latest version of Opera you can turn off javascript on a site-by-site basis (although not at individual page level I don't think). Or you can turn it off with the Quick Preferences menu (F12), or I guess you could assign a mouse gesture to the turning off and turning on of javascript.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.