Bad Burns From New Version, 2.0.0.0

FeelLikeANut

I backup my movies with DVD Rebuilder. Two separate movies came out with problems: the movie would skip, freeze, and go blocky every several seconds throughout the movie. Finally I tried burning the same ISO image with DVD Decrypter's ISO write and it worked perfectly. I should also note that I never had this problem until I upgraded ImgBurn.

how you "back" them up is no concern for us in here , however

cant see how Ib would make a bad disc and DVDD******** wouldnt. basically its the same burn engine with improvements.

suspect more a case of a duff disc, or a dirty disc .

was the comparisson of both discs made on the same dvd player

if you could post a log file of a failed burn that would help us

suspect more a case of a duff disc, or a dirty disc
The discs are Taiyo Yuden, brand new out of the spindle. The errors also were not random; they occured on a fixed interval, and they appear in the exact same fashion with a different film on a different disc. Is it possible that some bug was introduced in this latest update?

was the comparisson of both discs made on the same dvd player
Yes.

if you could post a log file of a failed burn that would help us
Are those logs stored somewhere??or will I need to attempt another burn?

Are those logs stored somewhere??or will I need to attempt another burn?

If you haven't saved the log file after the burn buy clicking on the File -> Save Command of the Imgburn Log window, you'll have to risk another burn to show us the log. If you can't see the log window, click on the View -> Log option.

regards,

Peter

basically its the same burn engine with improvements.

suspect more a case of a duff disc, or a dirty disc.

I have also noticed consistently higher error rates with ImgBurn (all versions) than

DVDD. I'm using YUDEN-T02, MCC 004, RITEK G04, and MKM 001, burned by NEC

3540 and BenQ 1640. Newest firmware in each. I burn everything at 2-4x. Despite

claims to the contrary, I've found there's a difference between the two programs.

ImgBurn doesn't burn as well and discs are more likely to have skipping, freezing,

or pixellation in picky machines.

The errors are only a bit higher, like 1/3 to 1/2, but the playback is worse than the

relative increase would indicate. I have seen everyone deny this repeatedly, but I

have burned dozens of images with media from the same spindle and the pattern

is undeniable. Nothing can be faulted in my media, drives, or burning methods. By

the way, the reason I burn at 2-4x is because that minimizes the problems, but I

still use DVDD for burning as much as possible. It's far better, IMO.

ImgBurn would be great, if it weren't for all the bugs and inconsistencies.

EDIT - shortened, corrected

Edited by calweycn

calweycn,

The reason everyone denies these claims is that no burning program has control over the 'quality' of the burn.

There's not some magical setting you can adjust to raise / lower PI/PO error rates.

You take a chunk of data from a file, send it to the drive via the 'Write (10)' command, then repeat the process again until you've sent all the data.

With that in mind, I don't see how using *ANY* program could have a direct impact on burn quality.

in all the testing i have personally done with all the betas and releases of both programmes, and i test a LOT, and with all the tests done by other beta members , don't you think we would have noticed if it didn't work?. what you are saying is total crap calwhatever ( btw i do not use ANother Yet interfering prog.on my Decent Video Discs)

I think it's time someone switched on the Moron registration filter.

To those who insist that the change of program has caused you bad burns then how stupid are you to continue using the new program that is supposedly destroying your disc's.

If your sure of your facts then go back and use the other program.

Maybe consider taking spyware out of your machine, including anydvd , reinstall your op, replace your hardware.

But most importantly give the author of this program some credit, I think he understands the commands he/his program sends.

Edited by dontasciime

I 07:05:17 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 07:05:17 Initialising SPTI...

I 07:05:17 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 07:05:37 Found 2 DVD?RWs!

I 07:06:24 Operation Started!

I 07:06:24 Source File: C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\My Videos\Roadhouse 2.MDS

I 07:06:24 Source File Sectors: 1,956,240 (MODE1/2048)

I 07:06:24 Source File Size: 4,006,379,520 bytes

I 07:06:24 Source File Volume Identifier: MY_VIDEOS

I 07:06:24 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I 07:06:24 Destination Device: [5:1:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D 1.23 (F:) (ATA)

I 07:06:24 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: MCC 03RG20) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

I 07:06:24 Destination Media Sectors: 2,297,888

I 07:06:24 Write Mode: DVD

I 07:06:24 Write Type: DAO

I 07:06:24 Write Speed: MAX

I 07:06:24 Link Size: Auto

I 07:06:24 Test Mode: No

I 07:06:24 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 07:06:27 Filling Buffer...

I 07:06:29 Writing LeadIn...

I 07:07:09 Writing Image...

I 07:11:47 Synchronising Cache...

I 07:11:58 Image MD5: e46bf798f9dd77b460460858d3afc30a

I 07:11:58 Exporting Graph Data...

I 07:11:58 Graph Data File: C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\PIONEER_DVD-RW_DVR-111D_1.23_SUNDAY-AUGUST-20-2006_7-06_AM_MCC_03RG20_MAX.ibg

I 07:11:58 Export Successfully Completed!

I 07:11:58 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:05:33

I 07:11:58 Average Write Rate: 14,124 KB/s (10.2x) - Maximum Write Rate: 20,812 KB/s (15.0x)

I 07:11:58 Cycling Tray before Verify...

I 07:12:19 Device Ready!

I 07:12:19 Operation Started!

I 07:12:19 Source Device: [5:1:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D 1.23 (F:) (ATA)

I 07:12:19 Source Media Type: DVD-R (Book Type: DVD-R) (Disc ID: MCC 03RG20) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

I 07:12:19 Image File: C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\My Videos\Roadhouse 2.MDS

I 07:12:19 Image File Sectors: 1,956,240 (MODE1/2048)

I 07:12:19 Image File Size: 4,006,379,520 bytes

I 07:12:19 Image File Volume Identifier: MY_VIDEOS

I 07:12:19 Image File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I 07:12:19 Read Speed: MAX

I 07:12:19 Verifying Sectors...

I 07:18:05 Device MD5: e46bf798f9dd77b460460858d3afc30a

I 07:18:05 Image MD5: e46bf798f9dd77b460460858d3afc30a

I 07:18:09 Exporting Graph Data...

I 07:18:10 Graph Data File: C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\PIONEER_DVD-RW_DVR-111D_1.23_SUNDAY-AUGUST-20-2006_7-06_AM_MCC_03RG20_MAX.ibg

I 07:18:10 Export Successfully Completed!

I 07:18:10 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:05:46

I 07:18:10 Average Verify Rate: 11,307 KB/s (8.2x) - Maximum Verify Rate: 16,305 KB/s (11.8x)

I 07:21:19 Close Request Acknowledged

I 07:21:19 Closing Down...

I 07:21:19 Shutting down SPTI...

I 07:21:19 ImgBurn closed!

IMG program works just as it was programed.............. Excellent. !

I have also noticed consistently higher error rates with ImgBurn (all versions) than

claims to the contrary, I've found there's a difference between the two programs.

ImgBurn doesn't burn as well and discs are more likely to have skipping, freezing,

so this wouldnt be anything to do with overcompression in shrink , or just poor quality files in the first place then ?

if you burn an image with IB and the same Image with say Decrypter, your stating that the IB doesn't play very well, and the Decrypter one does ? , think carefully before you answer

The errors are only a bit higher, like 1/3 to 1/2, but the playback is worse than the

relative increase would indicate. I have seen everyone deny this repeatedly, but I

is undeniable.

theres nothing to deny I'm afraid, so far theres 2 of you out of some 23,000 known users/members of IB who are claiming this .(

Nothing can be faulted in my media, drives, or burning methods. By

the way, the reason I burn at 2-4x is because that minimizes the problems, but I

you forgot to mention all of your players are perfect as well ;) .Actually READ the paragraph you just wrote !! , this is where you lost all respect from members in here,"Nothing can be faulted in my media, drives, or burning methods" , you must be the luckiest guy in the world , where nothing is ever your fault and your equipment is PERFECT ! NO ONE would ever make a claim like that because you cant , how do you know your drives are factory perfect ?, how do you know the spindle of media is perfect, why do you burn at 2.4x when most firmware write strategies are for faster than 2.4x writing . what do you know that the drive /media manufacturers don't ?

you know you lost all respect 2 paragraphs ago , well you just fucked yourself all together with the last statement ;) ,, you prove to me of a BUG that hasn't been investigated or sorted, or prove ANY inconsistencies within the program that hasn't been sorted out or discussed since V2, Come on, back your claims up . lets see a bit of proof on your behalf. i don't want to read excuses or crap, give me ACTUAL PROOF , saying "Nothing can be faulted in my media, drives, or burning methods" isn't good enough PROOF though !

<pauses for calweycn to go back and CAREFULLY read the exact words>

Post proof in here that its Ib fault , don't forget " hearsay" isn't good enough either .

You don't have to use IB, and personally id rather you went and used something else instead , especially if it means we wont have to keep reading your unsubstantiated claims about IB or listening to you claiming how bad it is ect ect

:shakehands::shakehands: Well stated Volvo..... :)

** Calweycn, I can honestly say I've done many, many burns using Img, and have only 1 or 2 bad ones out of them all, which were caused not by the program itself but by my own mistakes. :/

is undeniable. Nothing can be faulted in my media, drives, or burning methods. By

EDIT - shortened, corrected

Bullshit!

Well calweycn - if you were running for president, on the strength of the responses you are getting in this thread, I'd doubt even your own mother would be such a lunatic to vote for you.

Regards

Well calweycn you've managed to do what only a very small percentage of those before you have done. That is to PISS OFF JUST ABOUT EVERYONE HERE!

It seems that you really don't want answers, suggestions or help. You want to show all of us that you know it all! You alone have decided that ImgBurn is the cause of your problems. You ignore the fact that a huge majority of the people here have had NO problems and most of the people that did have a problem found out that ImgBurn didn't cause it.

I am humbled by your knowledge. I should not be in the same forum as you...

SO FUCKIN' LEAVE ALREADY!

I am a pretty easy going guy but honestly how much bullshit can one idiot spout ?? It's been said plenty of times before - but I have to agree, if you don't like ImgBurn then find a program that does exactly what you want and leave the rest of us, who aren't in the asylum, alone.

calweycn,

Read carefully and learn, don't just carry on with what *YOU* think is right.

My father use to say, "it is not shameful not to know, but it is great shame not to learn".

calweycn,

The reason everyone denies these claims is that no burning program has control over the 'quality' of the burn.

There's not some magical setting you can adjust to raise / lower PI/PO error rates.

You take a chunk of data from a file, send it to the drive via the 'Write (10)' command, then repeat the process again until you've sent all the data.

With that in mind, I don't see how using *ANY* program could have a direct impact on burn quality.

Well calweycn - if you were running for president, on the strength of the responses you are getting in this thread, I'd doubt even your own mother would be such a lunatic to vote for you.

Regards

If Bush could get into power, so can he.

*shudder* :wacko:

DVDD. I'm using YUDEN-T02,

...but Istill use DVDD for burning as much as possible. It's far better, IMO.

want proof you are wrong??

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1966

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.