Love the new stuff, but...

shylurk

I love the new features of Imgburn 2.0. The build operation is fantastic, I love being able to put 6 CDs onto one DVD. A third of the cost and a sixth of the storage. I adore that it burns in 21 minutes instead of overnight, and tells you up front that it will or won't work. I fawn over finding a place for the odd long *.AVIs that just won't fit on a CD. Would be nice if they would play on my standalone DVD Players, but the CDs didn't so no complaint there. It is great to be able to go straight to burning when you have a VIDEO_TS, instead of dorking around converting it to *.ISO. I cannot say that I understand choosing a break point, but so far it has just been like drugs, "Just say NO". It's GRRRRRRREAT.

My problem comes with the old stuff. The "Look And Feel" of the new version is so different, that I don't know how to fly it with *.ISOs. On my first try with a single layer DVD, it burned for 4 minutes and finalized with just the helper file on a quarter inch of disk without the *.ISO at all. I thought I did all of the normal things, but obviously not. On my second try, a double layer with helper, things seemed OK until the burn was ordered when I got a drop-down that ISO9660 was only valid for 470 sized DVDs. When I am using the double layer blanks, I panic easily, even easier than usual. It is still on the Hard Drive.

So much work has been done, and so very well, that it seems ungacious to request more, but could the 6th guide be updated to join the exceptionally good others with more direction for this more sophisticated tool?

Please?

My problem comes with the old stuff. The "Look And Feel" of the new version is so different, that I don't know how to fly it with *.ISOs.

you are remembering to change it back to 'write mode' before you are attempting to burn *.ISO's aren't you? just to check press Ctrl+Alt+W

Cornholio7 provided the needed clue. The program remembers the last "Mode" chosen and does not default to "Write " as one replyer thought. My difficulty would have been completely avoided had the first step of the 6th guide been amended to add:

"and set "Mode" to "Write". after "1. Load Ingburn"

I hope that someone in authority will add this needed modification.

The alt key does the main menu stuff at the top!

Tried all these before ;)

True, but there's no menus starting with B, W, and D - just the View menu, which could be made into View, if desired.

Just a thought. But why bother? It's hardly an imposition.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.