I dun wanna finalize my CD/DVD..how??

deejay220989

Hi all..

I like to use ImgBurn..but I would not like to finalize my DVDs coz incase i need to update the files in there..

Nero and Alcohol 120% as well as Ashampoo has this feature where you can choose not to finalize your disc..

How can I do it with ImgBurn?

At the end of the day, it's an image burning tool.

There's no reason to burn an image and leave the disc open.

I can't stand multisession myself, never really used it, never wanted to. If I want to keep changing what's on the disc I won't burn it in the first place! Or I just use a rewritable and keep overwriting it.

The program doesn't support multisession in any way, shape or form. Therefore it's pointless (and confusing) to add support for leaving a session open. You'd have to use a different tool to burn the second session with - and in which case, you might aswell use that tool right from the beginning.

• 6 months later...
[..]

The program doesn't support multisession in any way, shape or form. Therefore it's pointless (and confusing) to add support for leaving a session open. You'd have to use a different tool to burn the second session with - and in which case, you might aswell use that tool right from the beginning.

Current version (2.2.0.0) has a new option "DVD+R Finalise Disc (Min. Radius)", and it seems was not mentioned in the changelog. Does this option mean that ImgBurn now has support for leaving a session open, at least for DVR+R media?

Oops, I appear to have missed that line from the changelog!

That option simply tells the program to issue the 'finalise disc' command with / without the 'min. radius' (about 1GB of data) flag.

So basically, if you burn less than 1GB, the drive pads to 1GB to make it more compatible in readers (or it doesn't if it's disabled!)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.