Can't create windows 7 disk

demian

Hey,

I'm new to this forum, so if I violate any rules or if you need more information please notify me.

I am trying to write a Win 7 Enterprise image to a Maxell DVD+R disk and I cant figure out why it won't work.

I've read the guide about how to write a windows 7 disk on the forums, but i believe that only applies if you don't already have a .iso. I've also written this image to a different DVD on a different computer earlier, however I don't have access to that computer or DVD.

I've included the imgburn log with all the information. If you want me to give you more information or run tests, I will.

Thank you,

Demian

Your drive doesn't seem to like the discs you're using, try some different / better ones.

It might be worth trying the other supported write speeds first though. You've tried 'MAX' which is 8x for your drive/firmware/media combo.

I 13:55:53 Destination Media Supported Write Speeds: 3x; 4x; 6x; 8x

Brand names don't mean anything, it's the dye/MID the discs use that's important.

I 13:55:53 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: RITEK-F16-01)

As you can see, yours use the 'RITEK-F16-01' dye/MID and it's just a cheapo one used by various brands.

Get yourself some Verbatim ('MCC' dye/MID) / Taiyo Yuden (a.k.a. Victor JVC with 'TY' or 'YUDEN' dye/MID) discs. They actually make their own and are known to be the best.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.