Burn verify ok, errors when trying to save built iso to disk

S3curityPlu5

Hey I love this program and this is the first time I have had a problem worth posting. I have been building and burning Archive ISOs of my favorite podcast SecurityNow on TWIT. I will post my log and hopefully you can take a look. I dont have time right now to try again, but heres what happened. I compiled 150 mp3 files to the first ISO with the build and write options and everything worked OK. It then verified with no errors. I then decided to take the new DVD and use it to "READ" (save the ISO to disk so I can delete the original 150mp3s. I received the error EC-L Uncorrectable error at 77% approximately when it was almost done saving the iso to my hard drive. I threw out the disc, thinking that it was a bad burn. I grabbed another DVD and tried again, and once again it created the iso and burnt to disc, since I didnt have a copy of the ISO on my hard drive. It verified OK again. So I went back with the DVD in the drive and set it to READ again saving the iso to my N Drive...

At the same spot, same error again. I would have liked to skip it and keep going, but it kept retrying 30 times and then i aborted.

Anyway I just would like to know if its a problem with where Im saving it on the harddrive or if its the actual ISO file on the cd that is causing the error. Thanks Man Great Product.

ImgBurn06-03-12.log

These are SONY DVDS, I always buy Sonys. I dont know the specifics of the DVDs but I thought that Sony was good quality. I will try updating the firmware on my internal dvd drive in my laptop. It is labeled as an HP CD-DVDW TS-L633R Sata CD Rom Device. I have not had any problems burning anything onto them so far, I am going to try building another image and saving it straight to disc. Do you know of any firmware upgrades or driver updates for this DVDdrive. Thanks for your reply.

They're just branded by Sony, that particular spindle is using the 'RITEKF1' mid/dye. Sony could chop and change depending on who gives them the best deal.

I believe there is an update firmware available for your drive but you'd have to check HP's website or email them for it. You're running 0200 and I've seen people with 0400 via a Google search.

Failing that, you could crossflash it to the real Samsung drive that it is.

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?p=230975#p230975

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.