Missing floppy

dwn_tech

I have files on a bootable floppy which I want to bring in as an ISO, then burn to a CD. The Problem is - ImgBurn doesn't see the floppy. The floppy is USB, the machine is an AMD64 running Win 7 Pro - 64 bit. How can I get ImgBurn to "see" my floppy?

Does it have a drive letter?

Normally it would just get assigned A:

So you'd poing the 'Extract Boot Image' feature at the A: drive and then save the boot image (which is basically a sector by sector copy of the floppy disc) to a file.

You may have to make sure the drive/disc are present and working before switching to the 'Bootable Disc' tab as the drop down box is populated when the tab is selected.

OK - the drive is there, and is "A". In Windows Explorer I can see all the files. However, in ImgBurn, in any mode, all I can find in the source drop-down boxes are the two CD/DVD drives on this machine - as far as ImgBurn is concerned it doesn't see the USB floppy. Further suggestions?

It's now 1500 (GMT + 7) so I'm headed for home, but I'll check this first thing in the AM.

You're probably looking in the wrong place - only optical drives show up in Source/Destination boxes.

The place to extract the boot image from a floppy/cd is in Build mode -> Advanced tab -> Bootable Disc tab.

The extracted boot image is NOT an ISO. If you want to put it into an ISO then that's an extra step you'll have to take (the program will prompt you to auto fill out certain fields based on what it has extracted) using Build mode.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.