imgburn & AccurateRip

kenth

I'm trying to burn a cd from flac+cue sheet generated by dbPowerAmp. The resulting CDs are not accepected as "perfect copies" by accurate rip. (dBpowerAmp can grok it, but other acurraterip applications fail validation.)

I understand that I need to adjust the "pressing offset" used by imgburn on this drive. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached the initial part of the logs from dBpowerAmp for the original and the copy (burned by imgburn) rips.

Thanks. Kent

dbamp-logs.txt

There's no way to do that. You'd have to offset the image itself.

I fully understand you wanting an accurate copy, but do remember the offsets are usually just a few samples (4 bytes per sample).

So that's a few bytes in a 2352 byte sector - and a sector is 1/75th of a second.

I very much doubt you (or anyone else in the world) could/would actually 'hear' that difference.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure LiteOn drives can read and write without losing anything (the offsets must cancel each other out or something).

Thanks for the quick response (and awsome software). I guess I understand why I couldn't find the setting on my own!

I understand that the resulting CD would be sonically identical. I stumbled onto this while trying to figure out the "perfect" way to archive my CDs so I don't have to re-rip them. Right now, the leading solution is a AccuriteRip-verified flac file with embedded metadata & cue-sheet. I was just trying to complete the circle & see if I could use this in ImgBurn to recreate a "perfect" copy of the original which passes the AccuriteRip test. dBPowerAmp tells me the "offset" has been modified, but it's otherwise accurate. The other rippers reject the copies.

As dBpowerAmp + imgburn tell me I've got a correct copy with my embedded cuesheet flac file, I guess I'll consider it the correct archiving solution. I had just hoped to be able to take the "perfect" archive & make a "perfect" copy.

Thanks again.

Kent

Edited by kenth

• 5 months later...

I have found when I decode flac files in imgburn Accurate Rip flags them as inaccurate. However, if I decode the files with Flac Frontend and then burn them with imgburn all is well. I realize this is not a fault with imgburn, but the Windows decoder it is using. Is it possible to set imgburn to use the Flac Frontend decoder?

What decoder is your system actually using?

Once you've added a flac to the Create CUE window, right click it and have it show the directshow filter list.

From my own testing (ages ago), madFlac decodes back to the original format perfectly - which of course is what it should do when it's lossless!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.