Can I burn an MP4 movie from a file on my computer to my DVD drive? HOW?

Aloha thank you for replying.

I want to make a DVD video disc to play on my DVD player or another computer.

What does Convert "X" to DVD to turn it into one. Convert it to what? Can Img Burn Convert?

I just saw this post Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:41 AM http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=17499&hl=%2Bhow+%2Bburn+%2Bmp4+%2Bfiles%3F it seems to explain it also. I have been doing my research on this site from previous posts. I know we all ask the same questions. Sorry.

I did see the DVDFLICK info and am at this page. http://www.dvdflick.net/download.php

But there are just SO MANY downloads of everything, that untli someone else tells me to do it, I don't. Now I see this IS the way to go. OK another programme to learn.

Then I see I still have to come back to Img Burn to Burn it. Hope I can figure it out at that point.

I just spent three weeks trying to get Nero Multi Media v11 Platinum to work and it did not even burn the DVD right. It played OK for the first 10 min. then not again. So I gave up on that one. Not going to keep buying these things and they still don't work. So my daughter suggested Img Burn so am trying to learn how to use it now.

Thank you for your support. :-)

Antoinette

No, ImgBurn will not convert!

Just replace ImgBurn.exe from the DVD Flick with the one from Program Files\ImgBurn so you have the latest version used at the burn phase and all should be fine.

I was able to do it using DVD Flick. And it worked fine after it finished doing what ever it did there it automatically opened up Img Burn and made the DVD. It plays on both computers and my DVD player fine as far as I know I did not go through the whole film yet. But it looks good. It DID take 20 hours to do however. REALLY REALLY slow! But I just left it over night and during the day I was still able to use my computer too. So no problem. Much Much easier than messing with that stupid Nero. Thank you for telling me all about the DVD flick. I don't have to convert ALL files though? Right? Just those that img burn won't burn itself and need to be converted; such as this MP4 movie.

Antoinette

If your player don't support anyhing else just standard DVD Video, you'll have to do the same for all kind of files.

Check your player's manual and look for specifications to see what type of files can play from what type of discs.

PS

On a decent computer the whole convertion time should be near the length of the movie.

Thank you for the information. I will look for my Sony DVD Manual. In the DVD Flik Guide and while burning the DVD it told me that I should do it during the night or at a time when I am not home. It did say I could continue to use my computer however. But it did say:

How long the encoding takes is very much dependant on the speed of your CPU, and the harddrive that the project's destination folder is on. It's best to let your PC do this during the night, or during a very long coffee break.

So as you say my Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptop Intel ® Pentium ® M Processor 150 GHz 598 MHz 2GB RAM must have a slow CPU because it took 20 hrs. to burn. But it DID a terriffic job! We started to watch it and were all excited and guess what? I downloaded one in French with no subtitles. LOL! :notangel: So now we are going to try playing it from the laptop using the cord from the flat screen TV and see if we can get the settings right. Last time we did it even with external speakers we could barely hear it. It might have been the quality of the movie itself however. So many variables aren't there?

Antoinette

I have a new problem from the continuing topic above. I now have a usable file with the subs from using a program called Free Opener which combined both my .avi (movie) and .srt (subtitles) into one movie and it is an .mkv. Now I want to burn this one file an .mkv to a DVD disc. Img Burn doesn't seem to want to do it. Neither does DVD Flick. So now what? Has anyone else run into this problem? Right now I am giving another try using DVD Flick it starts but does not finish properly hangs up at 77% on the verify.

And how do I do it? Thank you very much.

Antoinette

Edited by islandantoinette

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.