Prevent autoplay after burn/verify ?

afwaf

When I burn + verify a disc, ImgBurn 2.5.7.0. automatically closes (intended), and then the disc automatically starts playing (unintended). There is no tray ejection, it just plays regardless.

How can I stop this behaviour ? I do not wish the disc to play after it has been burned. I already went through the (many) program options but couldn't figure out what do I need to enable or disable. Thank you very much.

Thank you for the replies. However, I already have both "Cancel AutoPlay" and "Disable Media Change Notification" checked on tools>settings>device.

All three OS options in the same panel are enabled as I haven't touched them, since they're OS and not ImgBurn options, and since I want autoplay enabled in the OS, as it already was (if I disable them through ImgBurn, autoplay will stop working altogether as a result).

This only started happening after I upgraded ImgBurn from an older 2.5.x build to the current one. It's like the tray is being cycled after a burn finishes and ImgBurn closes (automatically as per the corresponding option), despite the fact that the tray isn't physically ejected (as I also have that option disabled in ImgBurn).

Any more ideas ? Thanks again.

I think you misunderstood what I was getting at.

Go into Control Panel (within the OS) and find the 'AutoPlay' option. That's where you configure what the OS does when you insert a new disc. If you don't want it to automatically play newly inserted DVD Video discs or whatever, configure it to ask you what you want to do.

The drive is locked and dismounted at the start of the burn. It's then unlocked and remounted (by the OS) at the end of it. To the OS, it looks like the media has changed (which is has... the disc now has data on it) and hence AutoPlay kicks in. That's how it's supposed to work and is 'by design' as they say.

p.s. I hope you haven't disable the 'cycle tray before verify' option. It's an important part of the verification process and has nothing to do with this autoplay stuff. I'd almost forgive you if you're using a laptop drive though, putting the drive back in before verify starts could get annoying.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.