windows 8 help

scottishdude

hi folks, previously had windows 7 on my pc and burned backups for my xbox with no problems with verb singapores, but since ave installed windows 8 ave had a few coasters, basically imgburn looks like it times out, the burn time becomes unknown and then doesn't complete,

just a don't really want to have to have dual boot just to burn back ups, was on the #c4e irc, and few of the guys said it takes a few burns to get smartburn to work properly,

the first one a burned last night was fine and ave had to coasters today and dont really want to waste my discs till there is a solution to the error.

kind regards stevo,

If it just seems to stop doing anything (with no errors in the log window), it's because it's waiting for an I/O command to finish processing. If that's happening, it'll be due to the drivers installed for the chipset/controller.

Right click the drive selection box and hit 'Family Tree'. Close the prompt and then copy+paste everything from the Log window.

---------------------------

ImgBurn

Device: [1:0:0] ATAPI iHAS124 B AL0S (G:) (SATA)

Family Tree:

-> ACPI x64-based PC

-> Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System

-> PCI Express Root Complex

-> Intel® 5520/5500/X58 I/O Hub PCI Express Root Port 1 - 3408 (VEN_8086&DEV_3408 - Intel - pci - v6.2.9200.16384)

-> Standard SATA AHCI Controller (VEN_1B4B&DEV_9123 - Marvell - storahci - v6.2.9200.16384)

-> CD-ROM Drive (ATAPI iHAS124 B) (Bus Number 1, Target Id 0, LUN 0)

OK

is this better then fella

ImgBurn

Device: [0:0:0] ATAPI iHAS124 B AL0S (E:) (ATAPI)

Family Tree:

-> ACPI x64-based PC

-> Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System

-> PCI Express Root Complex

-> Intel® ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID Controller (VEN_8086&DEV_2822 - Intel - iaStor)

-> CD-ROM Drive (ATAPI iHAS124 B) (3)

OK

I don't think your CPU, Motherboard. Graphics card...etc drivers support Windows 8

Try and look drivers that support Windows 8 (windows 8 is a new OS to the community and not a lot of people have made there programs support Windows 8 (that secludes ImgBurn)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.