An Mds file and also an extra folder while extracting the ISO using WINRAR

Hi

I am creating ISO for my project which has installable components and jars etc..  - i made the project files as as Disk-1 [1.3GB] and Disk-2[620MB] .. When Disk-1 ISO is made it is single iso file and when I extracted using ISO then the folder structure is -

Lets Imagine vk.iso is ISO name and c:\test is the location where ISO file is generatedwhere as ISO has files Disk-2/Folders related to my project <ISOName>/<Myproject related folders> that i gave for iso - Whne I have extracted then Foldeer structure is vk/DIsk-2/<Myproject related folders>

where as when I make ISO using ImgBUrn  using ISO9660+UDF then I see two files created - An ISO file and an MDS file of size 5kb.

My first question is why an mds file is generating where as in case I for Disk-1 its not...

when i extracted  using wINrar THEN I SEE vk\ISO\Disk2 - I see an extra folder called ISO ....why it is getting generated....

Note:

I have tried the settings 

FileSplitting - 780MB in Read and Build Tab

Please help me why i am getting an mds file and also an extra folder - ISO while extraction

Why are you using file splitting?

ImgBurn makes an MDS file when an image is split into multiple parts (note that the individual bits are of no use on their own) or when it's under 1GB in size (so you can mount the MDS in DAEMON Tools and have it emulate a DVD rather than a CD).

As for the ISO folder, I've no idea. If it isn't actually in the image file like that, it must be something WinRAR is doing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.