Burn DVD+RDL disc

Walt Gray

I burned a DVD+RDL disc with a video produced with Pinnacle Studio 15 because the latter produced a disc that would hang up in places.  That was apparently due to the inability of the Studio 15 program to handle the double layer disc properly.The disc burned with ImgBurn played fine.  However, it was not as sharp as the disc burned with Studio 15.  The Studio 15 file is high definition but the disc burned with ImgBurn does not look like its high definition.  Am I doing something wrong?

ImgBurn burns exactly what you give it. The picture quality / sharpness therefore comes from the source files and is nothing to do with the burning util you use.

Take the disc burnt with Pinnacle (and assuming the files are actually ok), copy the files back to your hdd and then burn them using ImgBurn - so then all things are equal.

You're right.  I remade the image file using Studio 15 to be sure it was in AVCHD format.  Then I burned discs with both Studio 15 and ImgBurn.  They're the same.

There's actually two solutions to the problem.  I purchased a different (more expensive) brand of DVD+RDL and it works fine with Studio 15.

So, thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.