Error Message

djlen

Recently I have had an issue with backing up some movies that I ripped using ImgBurn and when I tried to 

drag the file into DVD Shrink got the error message: "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot 

continue.  Failed to read file C:escape plan.iso" Is the problem with ImgBurn or Shrink?

As you can see the movie in this case is "Escape Plan".  I've also had the same issue with "Nebraska"

Is there something causing issues with certain movies? 

This has occurred very intermittently.  I've only had this issue with the mentioned an a couple of others.

I use AnyDVD and as I said have not had this problem the vast majority of the time.

Any help would be appreciated.  

Regards,

Len  

ImgBurn has nothing to do with ripping so we don't descuss ripping problems on this forum.

Your problem may be on with other tools used to do this so do your search on your own.

Since ripping it is considered illegal in most of the countries you'll get no help here with this.

If it's saying it can't read a file on your C: drive, you should start by checking a file with that exact name actually exists in that location.

After that I'd probably run chkdsk on the drive and do a full surface scan. If the file is unreadable, your drive might be dying.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.