Simple Questions

Snaptrap

I'm quite new to this program and I have a few questions.

1) Does IMG Burn make ISO images of CD's and DVD's (games, movies, etc.)?

2) How do I prevent it from renaming the file when creating an ISO (ex. Chicken = CHIC~)?

Thanks!

It can build images from whatever files you have on your hdd. It doesn't matter what the actual contents are.

It will never use ~, it does use _ though when making ISO9660 compliant names from long name (it has to take them back to 8.3 format).

The OS only shows the file names of the 'best' file system it supports.

So if you enable Joliet and / or UDF, assuming your OS supports those file systems, you'll see the proper (long) file names.

It can build images from whatever files you have on your hdd. It doesn't matter what the actual contents are.

It will never use ~, it does use _ though when making ISO9660 compliant names from long name (it has to take them back to 8.3 format).

The OS only shows the file names of the 'best' file system it supports.

So if you enable Joliet and / or UDF, assuming your OS supports those file systems, you'll see the proper (long) file names.

Thank you! I'm currently using Windows XP Pro with SP2. I do have experience with creating ISO's but with using more simplistic programs like ISO Recorder. Great program!

Edited by Snaptrap

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Do you have 'recurse subdirectories' ticked?!

What exactly does "recurse subdirectories" do?

Also, I will be using ImgBurn primarily for data backup. Should I use ISO, Joiliet and UDF for naming conventions ton ensure compatibility over a wider range of .... whatever?

Thanks.

Dave

IIRC, Recurse subs includes subdirectories in the burn where you choose a parent folder.

ISO and UDF should do the trick on all Windows machines. Certainly, XP can natively read UDF.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.