Need Help New to All of this Please Help Me

generalmusic

Hello Everyone,

Could you please help me out? I see a couple of guides and I found the answer for convert AVI. or Mpeg with a converter program but How do I even make a VOB folder or Video TS? I do not see a guide on doing that anywhere, I have tried and tried to make a dvd but to no avail and how do you set up the program I guess like Dvd Shrink to have ImgBurn start working? I did install the other program that Imgburn came before it but I am lost I dont know what to do. Please I am sorry if I am not understanding the guides correctly I really need help.

Hello Everyone,

Could you please help me out? I see a couple of guides and I found the answer for convert AVI. or Mpeg with a converter program but How do I even make a VOB folder or Video TS? I do not see a guide on doing that anywhere, I have tried and tried to make a dvd but to no avail and how do you set up the program I guess like Dvd Shrink to have ImgBurn start working? I did install the other program that Imgburn came before it but I am lost I dont know what to do. Please I am sorry if I am not understanding the guides correctly I really need help.

Authoring video DVDs is outside the scope of this software. Hence, no guides. :) If you need to convert a home movie, for example, from mpeg to dvd format then try VSO DivxToDVD. (The old, free version). Then load the newly created VOB files into ImgBurn.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=vso_DivXtoDVD

Get the name right mate, it's ConvertXtoDVD now!

DivX is a registered trademark and can only be used from DivX themselves - hence the name change ;)

Oh contrare, Your Munificence. Regardless of what the name of the new version happens to be, the old, free version specified above in my short (and obviously overlooked) diatribe is still VSO DivXToDVD. Even as we mortals tremble and quiver with the merest mention of your true name and that by correcting you I condemn myself to eternal torment in the pits of The Abyss where, on a daily basis, my testicles shall be removed and sewn to my armpits, I humbly submit that even one of your greatness cannot change the past.

So there. :P

<testicles in ready mode>

Thank you for the information. I will download the program and try it. What I am doing is taking the video from a VCR (the tapes recorded in from my church and transfer them to DVD) Sorry I did not put that in there with the post. I have the device to transfer it over from the VCR.

Thanks

Soooooooo........ you'll probably be capturing in either AVI or MPEG format, depending on your hardware. I won't go into the details on how this is done as it *is* outside the scope of this forum and this software but once you have your video in a format and size you can use, VSO DivXToDVD will convert it to the VOB, IFO and BUP files you need. It's then just a matter of getting ImgBurn to create an image file (ISO) from your source files or burning directly to disk.

Yeah but why would you want to use the old free version when the new version is so much better? :P (and fixes lots of problems etc)

Although VSO are in the business to make money, the didn't actually mind doing DivXtoDVD for free. I think they were kinda made to charge for it because of the code it uses internally (patented stuff).

Yeah but why would you want to use the old free version when the new version is so much better? :P (and fixes lots of problems etc)

Because it's free? The new version watermarks the video unless you cough up the dollars for it.

Although VSO are in the business to make money, the didn't actually mind doing DivXtoDVD for free. I think they were kinda made to charge for it because of the code it uses internally (patented stuff).

Quite possibly, Oh, Great and Terrible Bwana. ;) Still, I've never had a good look around their site to see what they offer beyond DivXtoDVD. The market for converting legitimate video files to DVD format can't be that big.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.