DVD-Audio Burning

Neil Wilkes

I author my DVD-A/V discs using Sonic's DVD-Audio Creator package.

This has a "secret" applet that comes from Sonic called MakeIMG that turns the encoded Audio_TS and Video_TS from their own folders into an image with a .IMG extension.

When I load this into IMGBurn, it tells me the disc is not correctly mastered for OTP burning - and indeed it is not!

One of the options in DVD-Audio/Video "universals" is PTP mastering - especially if Layer 0 has less data than Layer 1 will have.

This particular disc has the cutting point set to track 1 of the Video_TS, so that the Audio_TS is on Layer 0 and the Video_TS is on Layer 1.

It matters not to the players:

A DVD-A capable player will first look for the Audio_TS.IFO files in the Audio_TS folder, and if it cannot find anything it will then look for Video_TS.IFO in the Video_TS.

Failing that it will look for a CD TOC.

Anyway - is there any plan to update IMGBurn to burn a PTP mastered DVD-Audio Image?

It would help me considerably.

Burner = Pioneer DVR-109 so no way to reset the book type to DVD-ROM as I can with GEAR.

@Neil Wilkes

If your authoring package allows, try padding L0 so it is greater than L1. Your AUDIO_TS.IFO and ATS_0X_0.IFOs will need amending in the same way that a VIDEO_TS.IFO is for padding.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.