create bootable cd from iso image

ronnie1107

Hi All,

I have downloaded iso files from Sun.

Checksums are verified.

I used Imgburn to create the cd and placed it into the Sun Ultra workstation and instructed the system to

ok boot cdrom

I get a reply :

Short disk read

The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.

I don't think I am creating the cd properly. I know it needs to be bootable and I am not sure how to instruct imgburn to make the cd bootable.

I know other burn software out there has options to check if you want to create a bootable cd.

How is it done in imgburn.

I'm tired of wasting media :/

One more thing.

Write Mode: BD.

What is that?

Regards,

Ronnie

If you have an ISO file then it's down to the content of that ISO as to whether or not it's bootable. It's nothing to do with ImgBurn.

Burning a bootable ISO is no different to burning a normal ISO.

If you're BUILDING an ISO in ImgBurn (from random files on your hdd), THEN you have do check a couple of boxes here and there to make the resulting ISO bootable.

As for the 'Write Mode' stuff, you should always leave it on auto. If for some reason it doesn't detect the media correctly, then you should manually force it. The options being CD, DVD, HD DVD and BD (BluRay).

If you have an ISO file then it's down to the content of that ISO as to whether or not it's bootable. It's nothing to do with ImgBurn.

Burning a bootable ISO is no different to burning a normal ISO.

If you're BUILDING an ISO in ImgBurn (from random files on your hdd), THEN you have do check a couple of boxes here and there to make the resulting ISO bootable.

As for the 'Write Mode' stuff, you should always leave it on auto. If for some reason it doesn't detect the media correctly, then you should manually force it. The options being CD, DVD, HD DVD and BD (BluRay).

Is it possible that I am burning the cd and it is being written as a file as opposed to it being burned as an image?

Many Thanks,

Ronnie

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.