Burn error

RealRedHair

Want to burn image, prog asks if I want to format, answer yes and then I get this error:

img.jpg

Log is:

I 22:34:12 ImgBurn Version 2.1.0.0 started!

I 22:34:12 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 22:34:12 Initialising SPTI...

I 22:34:12 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 22:34:12 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD?RW and 1 DVD-RAM/+R!

I 22:34:20 Operation Started!

I 22:34:20 Device: [1:1:0]_NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG 2.1A (E:) (SCSI)

I 22:34:20 Media Type: DVD+RW (Disc ID: PHILIPS-041-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)

I 22:34:20 Quick Erase: No

I 22:34:20 Erasing Disc...

E 22:34:22 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:01

any advice for me?

Firmware is flashed. Problem remains. I have a new computer and think all drivers for mobo are fine. Have one RAID-1 HD configured that's Serial ATA I belief. DVD player remains SCSI. How do I change that to ATA and why?

SiSoft Sandra gives me a lot of info on mainboard. See: info linkfor details. Its a P5B Deluxe asus Mobo with Core 2 duo on it.

any tips are welcome but keep in mind that with other dvd's imgburn works fine. :)

Do you have the dvd burner on the proper north/southbridge (internal to motherboard chipset) IDE controller and not any 3rd party one that may also be on the board?

All 3rd party controllers will make the drive show up as a SCSI drive. The real Intel / VIA / nVidia ones etc should not. They should show optical drives as being ATA.

Unless the drive is just acting strangely because it doesn't really support that media id, it's reporting the it doesn't support the 'format' command - which I know it does. So it's either that or the ide controller drivers are blocking it because *they* don't understand it and so won't pass it through to the drive.

ry installing the matrix storage manager drivers from here http://support.asus.com/download/download....el=P5B%20Deluxe and see if it helps see your drive as ata

I also understand that the matrix controller is for RAID and thus for SATA and not for PATA. So my problem remains. Will update BIOS en JMicron driver anyway.

So then the discs are not good??

Edited by RealRedHair

Ah you must have the 965 chipset then. The lack of PATA is one of the reasons I didn't go for it!

Ensure your motherboard bios is up-to-date too. They normally contain the bios code for the 3rd party controllers too - but do double check that and update it manually if it doesn't!

So anyway, you might have more luck with a real sata burner on the intel sata controller rather than a pata one on the jmicron.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.