How to solve "Device not ready"

CJI

Hi! I am trying to use ImgBurn to copy to a blank DVD. After I enter the source and destination files, and insert a blank DVD, I get a "device not ready (logical unit is in process of getting ready)" at the bottom of the ImgBurn window. It then changes to a "Device not ready" message. I am unsure how to solve this problem. All drivers are OK, ImgBurn does recognize the DVD writer (in its destination window), and the blank DVD+R is in good condition. Please help. Thanks.

open IMGburn and copy the log from below the main window copy and paste that will be a start,what media etc etc

BTW you do know that the files have to be turned into an ISO image ?

and have you read the guides?

Thank you for you reply. Yes, I am using ISO image. The media is Verbatim Digital Movie DVD+R. You see, the software is not able to "get the media ready". Image log is below:

I 12:43:33 ImgBurn Version 2.1.0.0 started!

I 12:43:33 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 12:43:58 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:43:58 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:43:59 Found 1 DVD?RW!

its really not coming from the software but the hardware IMBburn only "asks" if its ready if it was software everyones drive would say device not ready ,check your firmware first, look for newer (drives instructions ) you can right click on the drive in the destination box and from the menu look at the last line firmware update .You can shut down the puter re-start ,open IMGburn and go to tools ,settings and hit defaults and then insert the blank last after the "waiting for "

What drive is it and who makes it ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.