Discs burn fine in Imgburn but not PTPublisher, any ideas ?

BlizzardUK

This is not technically related to Imgburn, apart from the fact that works and this other software doesn't, but sadly I need this other software to burn+print at the same time. So I have a DVD based Bravo SE, I have done a DIY upgrade to a BD-R drive, most things are fine, but I have found if trying to burn a disc image in PTPublisher (the supplied software) the burn will fail IF the image is over 22.56gb but still below the 23.28gb limit. I have contacted support and they said they will look in to it, but in the meantime any ideas ?

I found a 50gb BD-R will burn images over 22.56gb okay. I have tried multiple single layer BD-Rs and none go above 22.56gb, it literally just fails at that point, even if the ISO is 22.57gb.

I have tried putting the drive in a 2nd SE and same happens, I have tried another PC, same problem, I have tried 2 brands of BD-R, same problem. As mentioned the ISO's that fail in PTPublisher burn fine in Imgburn. Annoyingly nearly all my 100's of self custom made BD-Rs are just over 22.56gb but still within 23gb. So I can't burn most of them if I want to print at the same time, as otherwise I would just use Imgburn, but I can't print. 

Does Lightning still visit here ? I know he used to have an SE about 13 years ago, so maybe he might have a brainwave ? Again, I realise this is not imgburns fault nor software, but I really want to know why the discs burn fine in Imgburn but not PTPublisher. 

Edited by BlizzardUK

Update, I found the error report of........

1395,127,Disc Loaded:  0 Sectors in Job 12219392 Sectors Free On Disc 0 Sectors Used On Disc
37,1395,132,Recording Started - Disc 1 - 8x - 0 MB - CDR = 000000
1395,143,Recording Error.  Sector 11814368 - Cmd 0x1f - Sense 0x5 - ASC 0x2c - ASCQ 0x0
1395,134,Recording Failed - Disc 1

I notice in the project options I have a choice of ISO Image Type : 2048 or 2336 or 2352

Would changing those be worth a test ? Could it automatically be using defect management somewhere ? I have tried 2 different blu-ray drives now, a old Pioneer BD-R and a brand new LG and both have the same issue. PTPublisher must be doing something odd. 

Edited by BlizzardUK

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.