How do I burn my mp4 video file to a blank DVD?

Tony M

I'm totally new to imgburn, so please bear with me. Can anyone advise what I need to do to burn an mp4 video file on my PC to a blank DVD disc?

Tried to once and it only burnt the 'Data' to the disc - no video.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

It sounds like you're trying to put an MP4 on a recordable DVD, pop that DVD into a DVD/Blu-Ray player, and expect it to play.  That won't work.  Most DVD players don't support native playback of MP4 and even if they did, you must manually load the file from disc through a menu interface.

It sounds like you want what is called a DVD Video disc, a DVD you put in a DVD/Blu-Ray player and it plays.  With MP4, you must first convert the MP4 video container file to VIDEO_TS DVD Video compliant folder contents.  ImgBurn can't do this.  You need other software to do that, but ImgBurn can burn the VIDEO_TS folder they create and create a DVD Video disc for you from that.

There are free options out there, but from what I've heard they're pretty lousy or take a long time to complete.  I've been using a paid software for years called ConvertXToDVD to convert MP4 to DVD Video.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.