ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.11 - Rewritable Discs Issue.

cvmanjoo

To be fair, that disc it failed on was a bit beyond the norm.  It was a mixed mode CD created by Nero Burning ROM.  The 2nd attempt to burn the disc worked but failed to read it one sector based on an illegal mode for the track.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe that first failed read was a fluke due to a behavioral "bug" either in the drive, Windows, or the OWC enclosure the drive is in.  Unless you use the Eject context menu item to eject discs in File Explorer, the metadata of disc contents is NOT updated.  The downside of this is if you don't do it, when you copy the contents of one disc in File Explorer without Ejecting, File Explorer is trying to copy nonexistent data from subsequent discs inserted into the drive.

Had another oddity.  Just burned a DVD+R DL that passed Write and Verify.  Then, I went to Read the same disc I had just finished Writing and Verifying and the read rate plummeted to 0.01x at the layer change.  I powered off the drive, powered it back on, and tried again.  The 2nd attempt to Read the disc afterwards succeeded.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.