No sound on certain DVD players

Zoran

Hi, sorry if this question has been asked before (I did a few searches but couldn't find anything similar). I used ImgBurn to build an image from a VIDEO_TS movie yet for some reason, of the three DVD-players in my house, sound can only be heard on one of them (the newest one). On the other hand, when I create the dvd's as *.img or *.iso files, they play perfectly on all three players. I'm just curious as to why they display the video fine yet have a problem with the audio.

*EDIT*

Just thought I should mention, I burned the dvd with a VIDEO_TS directory but didn't include an empty AUDIO_TS directory. Could it be that the older players are particular about such a thing and require and empty AUDIO_TS directory?

Edited by Zoran

are some of them with DTS and your player/amplifier doesn't support it?

Nope. Actually, the movie is a rip off of a VHS or reel movie, not a direct DVD rip. And the only DTS-capable system in my home is one of the players that doesn't play the audio.

Hi, sorry if this question has been asked before (I did a few searches but couldn't find anything similar). I used ImgBurn to build an image from a VIDEO_TS movie yet for some reason, of the three DVD-players in my house, sound can only be heard on one of them (the newest one). On the other hand, when I create the dvd's as *.img or *.iso files, they play perfectly on all three players. I'm just curious as to why they display the video fine yet have a problem with the audio.

*EDIT*

Just thought I should mention, I burned the dvd with a VIDEO_TS directory but didn't include an empty AUDIO_TS directory. Could it be that the older players are particular about such a thing and require and empty AUDIO_TS directory?

you're supposed to create an ISO file for burning with IMGburn (Image burn =ISO burn)

The audio Ts folder has nothing in it and has nothing to do with making a playable dvd

The audio Ts folder has nothing in it and has nothing to do with making a playable dvd

Not exactly true, I agree though in this case i don't think that is the problem, It may be depends on age of their dvd players.

Some older players will not play movie without the inclusion of AUDIO_TS folder (yeah there is nothing in it usually) still needed though for some really old players. I had one like this a Panasonic 1 i think, long ago.

All the other dvd players i have or have had inclusion of AUDIO_TS Not important.

Have you checked in your dvd players to make sure you have got downmix enabled or set it to stereo or even try mono if you took them off an old source etc.

Edited by dontasciime

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.