Failed to Lock Volume?

Mike89

Sometimes when I try to burn, at the beginning I get a message, "Failed to Lock Volume". It says some other stuff too, didn't take a screenshot. The options then are, "retry", "cancel", "continue". If I click "Continue", the burn then takes place as usual. Dunno why I'm getting this message or what it means, and as I said, it doesn't happen every time.

Edited by Mike89

Thanks. I'll have to read the rest of the message next time I get it to see which of those two it is. Seems if it was the first one and it was drivers, I would get the message every time. This issue is very recent within the last couple of weeks and so far I've only seen the message maybe 3 times in 20 burns . Seems it would be every time for the second one too. Clicking "continue" starts the burn without further issues.

Edited by Mike89

By the time you get to see the error box, the program has already retried 5 times. So whilst you might be thinking:

'Damn this program, why can't it just try again?!'

... I can assure you that it already has ;)

Follow that post in the FAQ and see if you can find the cause of it failing - there must be another program with some delayed release mechanism running.

We can't discuss rippers here. But any program that takes a hold of the drive and keeps that hold on it, even if it can call ImgBurn itself, will give you problems.

Solution is to close down any such progs and access ImgBurn directly.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.