Monitor turning off while burning only...

Nifty

I just bought a new video card a few weeks ago. And Im getting some kind of conflict only when I burn a DVD. It doesnt happen if I rip a dvd. The monitor will shut down as if the computer is shutting down, and is no longer getting a signal. The computer doesn't shut down 99% of the time and continues on its way burning. Very rarely it will restart the whole computer. It didnt do this with the on board video card. Im more or less wondering if there's a conflict between my video card software and Imgburn or if its just the video or perhaps even the motherboard going south on me. The video card is an ATi Radeon 9200.

Are you sure it's not just the power saving settings?

Take a look at it in control panel.

Unless of course you mean it's turning off the second you start burning?

It varies. Thats why its so wierd. Sometimes its 10-15 seconds. Sometimes I get to burn a movie or two and then it will "sleep". But it cant be reawaken with out restarting the computer.

If after doing everything everyone else has suggested and say a clean reinstall etc you still have same problem, change out the PSU for another with higher output say 550w and one with more than 20A on the 12v line.

I had brand new psu that when CD/DVD/ tray was ejected etc would switch off my monitor, drove me crazy, did not help at time with buggy nvidia gfx card drivers either.

If you also run Norton and you are getting lots of errors with it, change psu.

Edit.. it could also mean dodgy gfx card, make sure all leads that are mean't to be plugged into mobo and gfx card are in.

Edited by dontasciime

Onboard graphics card was shut right away. Hibernate is off. I had just bought a 450w power supply about 2 weeks ago thinking that might be the problem. I had a 350w which was stock with the case that I had purchased. I thought 450w would be enough maybe I underestimated how much this video card requires. Or maybe its faulty...who knows.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.