The Balance Of Power

dbminter

Wow... just wow...

In the United States, the offices of power were about to undergo a regime change, the Democratic party was going to get a 1 vote lead over the Republican party. Not so fast there, Mr. Donkey!

I forget his name, and I am not sure of where he's from, but a Senator from South Dakota, I think, today suffered a stroke. Now, according to the constitution of where he's from, the governor selects the successor for a Senator should that position be vacated in term. The Governor of this state in question is Republican. So, he's not going to necessarily pick the most qualified candidate, right? :) He's going to stick party, buy Bronx. So, an incredible stroke of "luck" may still yet decide our most recent elections? This should be interesting to see! I believe something similar happened in the early 1970's, where the ailing Senator never resigned but also never set foot on the Senate floor for like 5 years. But, because he never resigned due to his illness, his seat was left in his possession, and, thus, in the party's.

Now, of course, I do not want to gloss over the health of this man, and, as I said, I apologize for forgetting his name. But, first and foremost, his health and his life is paramount. Still, it is quite a serious issue outside of that, what the fate of his seat will be. Because his life, death, or ill health could change the outcome of a system of government rule for the next cycle.

Regardless, the next few months should prove "fun" over all of this... :rolleyes:

Now they are saying it wasn't a stroke, heart attack, or anything directly related to the cardiovascular system. Only indirectly.

Apparently, Senator Tim Johnson had a congenital birth defect that resulted in abnormally enlarged arteries in his brain. He had bleeding on the brain, basically. And, blood is fatal to the brain, believe it or not. Blood does not directly come into contact with the brain for this reason due to the blood-brain barrier. Nutrients, etc. diffuse, I guess. I'm not an encephalo-expert. :D Anyway, he has successfully undergone brain surgery, but, was last listed in critical condition. However, it is stable but critical, so, good news where one can find it for his family and friends, right?

Now they are saying it wasn't a stroke, heart attack, or anything directly related to the cardiovascular system. Only indirectly.

Apparently, Senator Tim Johnson had a congenital birth defect that resulted in abnormally enlarged arteries in his brain. He had bleeding on the brain, basically. And, blood is fatal to the brain, believe it or not. Blood does not directly come into contact with the brain for this reason due to the blood-brain barrier. Nutrients, etc. diffuse, I guess. I'm not an encephalo-expert. :D Anyway, he has successfully undergone brain surgery, but, was last listed in critical condition. However, it is stable but critical, so, good news where one can find it for his family and friends, right?

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20061215/D8M17G500.html

It was Bush dammit :yes: bush had something to do with him having an brain hemorrhage to prevent the Democrats from taking control of the Senate :|

I agree with that outgoing senator from I think Georgia, she put in a thingy to vote on having bush impeached ;)

I won't hide the fact I hate bush for what he has done to this country and its reputation :angry:

Vote for Hilary in 08 :yes:

Oh boy did I just open a can of wop ass :blink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.