Burner is hogging all ........

snodawg

Hello all, This prob just started a whiler back. When I burn a backup I like doing other things. But now what happens is when I burn I can't do anything else. Checked task manager on CPU useage and seen the burner is using it a 100%. Tryed everything that I can think of to resolve like checked for virus, spywhere deleted all temp files like I said everything I can think of. Ended up formating reinstall everything it work for awhile then started freezing up now just like before cpu 100% useage during burn. I use dvdshrink, anydvd and imgburn. Can anyone help please? TYIA Rex

IB is not a cpu intensive program by any stretch of the imagination, you can see the scans section and see how much of the cpu is used for any and all of the burns made and recorded there. So therefore something else must be running in the background that uses your clock cycles in addition to IB.

Anydvd is a program that will stay memory resident and run in the background while you are running any other file reading program. You have to disable it or it will try to do its' thing while any other program is trying to read files; thereby using cpu power to accomplish its mission.

We recommend that you make sure that ANY other program is not running while you burn a disk.

You can find a very good process and program killer here: Enditall 2

Scroll to the bottom of the page after reading the info and install the program and you should be fine. I have used it since it was introduced and it will not interfere with any necessary background system programs, but will shut off or kill any you don't need.

Added: While it's tempting to try and run other applications while burning, it's not a recommended practice unless you have a lot of additional ram in your system. A burn takes 6-8 minutes and there really is no reason, with all the other things that can go wrong, to make a less than perfect copy because you can't wait a few minutes..... :thumbup:

IB is not a cpu intensive program by any stretch of the imagination, you can see the scans section and see how much of the cpu is used for any and all of the burns made and recorded there. So therefore something else must be running in the background that uses your clock cycles in addition to IB.

Anydvd is a program that will stay memory resident and run in the background while you are running any other file reading program. You have to disable it or it will try to do its' thing while any other program is trying to read files; thereby using cpu power to accomplish its mission.

We recommend that you make sure that ANY other program is not running while you burn a disk.

You can find a very good process and program killer here: Enditall 2

Scroll to the bottom of the page after reading the info and install the program and you should be fine. I have used it since it was introduced and it will not interfere with any necessary background system programs, but will shut off or kill any you don't need.

Added: While it's tempting to try and run other applications while burning, it's not a recommended practice unless you have a lot of additional ram in your system. A burn takes 6-8 minutes and there really is no reason, with all the other things that can go wrong, to make a less than perfect copy because you can't wait a few minutes..... :thumbup:

OK TY very much will give it a try.

Hello all, This prob just started a whiler back. When I burn a backup I like doing other things. But now what happens is when I burn I can't do anything else. Checked task manager on CPU useage and seen the burner is using it a 100%. Tryed everything that I can think of to resolve like checked for virus, spywhere deleted all temp files like I said everything I can think of. Ended up formating reinstall everything it work for awhile then started freezing up now just like before cpu 100% useage during burn. I use dvdshrink, anydvd and imgburn. Can anyone help please? TYIA Rex

Check your DMA settings for your drive also. A drive set to PIO mode will make your system run like a pig. You can find info about DMA/PIO in the FAQ.

Finally found the prob. It was in my setup in Bio. See if i can explain. My bootdrive some how got put at the bottom of my list. I have four hard drivesw. And they were all mixed up so I fixed the order and bingo that was my prob been running great ever since. I want to Thank everyone that responded. It was great to see that. Hope everyone got what they wanted for Christmas and have a Great New Year. TY all again. Rex

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.