Setting the layer break

sunny

Hello!

I've got a problem. Actually, it's my second dvd9 to burn with imgburn (a great program). The first one was ok when setting the layer break but this one... the program offers me two choices (see below). Which one should I choose? I've read here that the best place to make the layer break is at the 50/50 position. But after watching these parts in the movie, the better choice seems to be the second one as there is another, completely different scene coming ( the first one is just another angle of the same scene, so I assume it will be much more visible). So my doubt is purely technical. If I set it to 53/47, will it still be playable on a standalone dvdplayer? Is it ok? What's your opinion?

Thanks in advance!

post-5837-1169692428_thumb.jpg

Edited by sunny

If I set it to 53/47, will it still be playable on a standalone dvdplayer? Is it ok?

Regarding playback: - As long as the total data on the second layer doesn't exceed that on the top layer - everything will be groovy. . If you have any doubts you can always build an ISO both ways and mount the images into Daemon Tools and view them with Media Player Classic.

Ah, if these two entries are the same thing (but different angles), select the first one.

That was overlooked in v2.1.0.0 (i.e. a bug), it should never have shown 'other' angles as options. That's because the different angles of one scene must be on the same side of the disc - from what I've been told.

Ah, if these two entries are the same thing (but different angles), select the first one.

That was overlooked in v2.1.0.0 (i.e. a bug), it should never have shown 'other' angles as options. That's because the different angles of one scene must be on the same side of the disc - from what I've been told.

As I've told they are not the same. I may be a litte messy with terms, sorry.

The first entry is another angle. I mean the cameraman just changes the angle during the same scene (two men talking). So the layer break will be more visible here. But it is 50/50.

The second entry is just another, different scene, not angle within the same scene. The previous conversation ends, two men leave the room and the new scene (second entry) begins with them driving up to a bar). It is 53/47.

So it's more logical to set the layer break to the second entry, but I'm not sure about the compatibility with the standalone dvd player. I've read here that the player might experience some problems during playback.

Thanks again :unsure:

Ah ok, the camera just changes angles rather than it being an 'angle' feature on the dvd ;)

If the dvd will look better with the glitch just before the 2nd entry, put the layer break there.

Compatibility should not really be an issue. Where I've quoted stuff like that, I just meant that according to the specs, a 50/50 split of data between layers should produce the most easily readable disc. That said, most drives will burn nothingness to the end of the 2nd layer so they're both equal anyway.

Ah ok, the camera just changes angles rather than it being an 'angle' feature on the dvd ;)

If the dvd will look better with the glitch just before the 2nd entry, put the layer break there.

Compatibility should not really be an issue. Where I've quoted stuff like that, I just meant that according to the specs, a 50/50 split of data between layers should produce the most easily readable disc. That said, most drives will burn nothingness to the end of the 2nd layer so they're both equal anyway.

Thank you :pirate:

Just one more question. This entry is seamless by default, isn't it? By choosing it, it will automatically become non-seamless, right? Or am I missing smth?

Marking it seamless will make the playback not include the little pause at the layer break (and basically means you can select any cell that ImgBurn throws up as a possibility). Most players seem to support this.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.