new layer break

sunny

Hello!

I put a new layer break on YES SPLIP... it becomes NO, right? Does the program make the older one YES automatically?

What's better? 892862 padding, 50/50 or 0 padding and 55/45?

Another question. When all the entries are marked green and some of them have bup and ifo files (FILE/VTS) with everything being N/A, is it safe to put a layer break there? Is it ok to put a layer break on ifo ,bup files? or it is better to put it on PGC (00:00:00 time in my case)?

Thanks!

Yes, the program will attempt to make an old LB point's SPLIP value 'YES' if it makes another one 'No'.

The closer to 50/50 you can get, the better. When discs have equal amounts of data on each layer they're at their most compatible - 'read' wise anyway! It might not be the best place so far as scene playback is concerned though, so really you need to know the scene you're setting it at. Try to choose one where the camera changes angles, rather than one where it's all the same thing.

Putting the LB at the start of an actual file is probably the best option.

With 00:00:00 times, at least you won't actually ever see the glitch as it jumps layers.

Putting the LB at the start of an actual file is probably the best option.

With 00:00:00 times, at least you won't actually ever see the glitch as it jumps layers.

Sorry, man. I can be a stupid guy sometimes :pirate: Where is a better place to put the LB? The start of a file (zero time) or ifo/bup files (N/A)? Both are excellent according to the program. and what's the difference?

thx!

If it's 00:00:00 in the main PGC, or at least on a cell that's not duplicated in other PGCs (you'd probably notice duplicate entries with the same LBA value) then that's equally as good as the IFO/BUP start ones.

If the 00:00:00 one does have duplicate entries and the others aren't also 00:00:00 (i.e. they're somewhere in the middle of the PGC), go for the ifo/bup one.

Clearly the layerbreak point at the start of an IFO/BUP means that file's data will be the first thing on the 2nd layer. For the other entries (ones with times) it means some part of the VTS set (the bunch of vobs) will be the first bit of data on the 2nd layer.

If the layer switch isn't part of the vobs, there's no way it can cause a glitch during playback.

ok?

If it's 00:00:00 in the main PGC, or at least on a cell that's not duplicated in other PGCs (you'd probably notice duplicate entries with the same LBA value) then that's equally as good as the IFO/BUP start ones.

If the 00:00:00 one does have duplicate entries and the others aren't also 00:00:00 (i.e. they're somewhere in the middle of the PGC), go for the ifo/bup one.

Clearly the layerbreak point at the start of an IFO/BUP means that file's data will be the first thing on the 2nd layer. For the other entries (ones with times) it means some part of the VTS set (the bunch of vobs) will be the first bit of data on the 2nd layer.

If the layer switch isn't part of the vobs, there's no way it can cause a glitch during playback.

ok?

Thank you again for the explanation.

I assume the better options would be the first two, right? as the others have duplicates...

post-5837-1170986289_thumb.jpg

No, those duplicates are also cell 1 / time 00:00:00 so they're all equal.

I would probably just pick the 2nd one so the entire VTS_03 is on the 2nd layer.

On a DVD Video disc, the files of a VTS set are ordered as follows:

IFO File -> VOB Files -> BUP File..... Next IFO File -> VOB Files -> BUP File.... Next IFO Files -> VOB Files -> BUP File etc etc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.