IMGBurn cannot find burner

jayfischer

Today I was at a clients office trying to back up some files for him. I installed IMGBurn and IB found the burner. I closed IB and did some other stuff. When I went back to IB the burner was missing. I selected search for SCSI/ATAPI devices in IB - no luck.

I then went to My Computer the drive was still there. I went to devices and uninstalled it and then search for new devices - it was found and reinstalled. Went back to IB - no dice.

I uninstalled a UDF burner that was present then rebooted. I thought that was it for sure. I tried IB - nope.

I tried DeepBurner and I was able to back up the files. I would really like to use IB for the verify. Plus I trust IB more and like it better.

Strange problem. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jay

Ok. I'm embarrassed. It turns out I when I switched to build mode - it defaulted to ISO image not device. So what I was seeing was the image file name drop down for the destination.

Because I use IB all the time at home. I have it set to device all the time. When I went to the clients I picked build but didn't think to change the output type. Hence it seemed I "lost" the DVD.

I worked on this for an hour the other day - trying to get it to work. When I figured this out today - I couldn't believe the stupidity on my part. I sat there for 2 minutes today shaking my head.

Oh well live and learn.

we've all made mistakes that makes go :doh: not enough people get back after asking their questions they just abandon threads and we never know if they sorted it out or not ,if you stick around you'll learn lots of stuff I know I did if I could only remember it :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.