Format(s) for CD and DVD

ChristianD

Hi,

Which format(s) should I use when burning CDs and DVDs which are to be used on PC, car stereo (mp3 enabled) and DVD players? I had it set to ISO9660 Level 1 + UDF and got short capitalized file names on everything. So I wonder what's "normal" these days. What would be the default setting that comes with most burner software?

//C

Open IMGburn ,Tools ,Settings ,Defaults and then let it be buy good media Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media and you're off to the races :thumbup:

That did the trick! Thanks! :)

Wonder what I had messed up in the settings to get those short capitalized file names? Oh well. I purchases a couple of spindles of Verbatim DVD-R 4.7GB 8X DataLifePlus the other day. Seems to hum along nicely with ImgBurn. Now I only to have to find out why I am not able to run a PIPO scan in DVDInfoPro, but that's another thread.... :whistling:

All in all, seems like ImgBurn is becoming one of those treasures I put on all computes I use. There's not many programs like that for me. ImgBurn seems to be pretty perfect. Sorry about the OT rant. :)

//C

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.