Understanding booktype or bitsetting

burchis

Are there any Guru's that can explain my question on setting the booktype?

Here is the questions. Does changing the booktype, using Imgburn, perform a hardware change of the dvd burner, or does it simply perform a software setting within the Imgburn software?

ie- If I use Imgburn to change the booktype to DVD-ROM, would I be able to use another DVD burning program to write an image whereby the booktype will be set to DVD-ROM. Or does setting the booktype, using Imgburn, only works when using Imgburn to write the DVD image to disk?

Thanks for any help on this.

Edited by burchis

Some drives always remember and don't offer different settings for eeprom / non eeprom.

Some never remember and must be set for each and every burn - but v2.2.0.0 takes care of most of those automatically.

So really, we need to know what drive you have before we can give you a surefire answer.

Some drives always remember and don't offer different settings for eeprom / non eeprom.

Some never remember and must be set for each and every burn - but v2.2.0.0 takes care of most of those automatically.

So really, we need to know what drive you have before we can give you a surefire answer.

I have NEC drives.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.