Problems using ImgBurn for the First Time

jet757f

I am trying to do a movie backup (Pursuit of Happiness) using ImgBurn for the first time. I used Ripit4Me to rip the files onto my computer C drive. I have used the guide to try and use ImgBurn but the burn button is not highlighted after I get done doing everything........designating source and destination. I was trying to use Playo DVD + R DL for the recording medium. I know that this is not the best medium but just wanted it for movie backup and also to test the system

Did go through the layer break position also and only got a yellow star.

Would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks

Jet, Img is a burn only app. It does not remove copy protection. This being the issue here, we can't help you with your problem. I'm sure doing some searching will bring you a solution. :/ One note use verbatim media to burn on. and are you sure you have a DVD burner and not just a combo drive? :)

Jet, Img is a burn only app. It does not remove copy protection. This being the issue here, we can't help you with your problem. I'm sure doing some searching will bring you a solution. :/ One note use verbatim media to burn on. and are you sure you have a DVD burner and not just a combo drive? :)

Yes I understand that ImgBurn is only for burning. The Ripit4Me4 was run before I tried to burn with ImgBurn so all of the copy protection has been removed. I have 3 separate drives.........DVD ROM......DVD RW and CD RW

The problem with ImgBurn is that is will not even try to burn. The burn button is not highlighted after I get done setting things up using the guide.

What's the message in the status bar?

If you've a disc in the drive (and the right drive selected!), there's no reason for it not to work.

My guess is that you're using discs the drive doesn't support. Check for a firmware update for it.

What's the message in the status bar?

If you've a disc in the drive (and the right drive selected!), there's no reason for it not to work.

My guess is that you're using discs the drive doesn't support. Check for a firmware update for it.

Im not sure I know what you mean by "message in status bar" I dont remember seeing a message.

Yes I will try some different discs and make sure that the drive is recognizing them.

Thanks

Seems like the Roxio was causing a conflict with the media installed. I disabled it and got a good burn. The only glitch I found was when it went into the verify mode it found some errors. I played the DVD on my DVD player and it seemed fine. Not sure how important this is. I am trying another burn right now and will see what happens.

Thanks for the help

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.