only previews play upon playback on DVD player

perk

I am using Verbatim DVD+R DL. It seems to burn well using the Video TS file, but upon playing back on my DVD player, all I see are the previews and the main movie menu. After selecting play movie, all I get is a blank screen. The DVD plays back fine on my computer.

Any suggestions?

Remember that this should all be automatic in the newer versions of ImgBurn :)

When you burn + verify something it'll mention the booktype in the log window when the verify starts.

If I had to guess, I'd say the problem is with the source files themselves. Something odd in the IFO files perhaps? The PC player can be much more forgiving.

I click on Change for: Drive (For DVD+R DL Media) and then I see by Current Setting: Unknown (Failed), and it won't let me go any further. I have tried this with two movies. I am currently using the newest version of Imgburn, so I guess as you mentioned it must be something in the IFO files. Any suggestions on how to avoid these problems with future files?

I tried it with and without a disc in the drive. Neither works. I went to the site to check for firmware updates, but I'm on dial up...so I was hoping to avoid it. I can't remember how I got to the firmware update page earlier. Could you tell me the site address and exactly what to download? With any luck, that's what the problem is.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.