Build image very slow

Anzgar

:pirate: It takes about 8 minutes to build a single layer img and up to 30 minutes to build a dual layer img.Using a similar computer a frien of mine needs 2 min/4 min to build an iimage of the same size. Why is the image always NTFS when the folder keeps PAL files?

It also matters where you're reading the files from and where you're saving the image to: if you read files from one HD and save the ISO image on another HD, it'll be much faster than saving to the same HD where the files are.

Also, notice that different drive letters doesn't necessarily mean different HDs. If you're in doubt about your configuration, right-click the My Computer icon, choose Manage and, in the Computer Management window that comes up, click Disk Management under Storage branch. In there you have a list of your HDs and the drive letter(s) associated to them.

check your dma , theres a post in the FAQ about it http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=&...dpost&p=967

don't confuse NTFS and NTSC

It's not burning slow, it even burns at 18X. It's the building of image that's slow, it takes longer time to make the image than it takes to burn the DVD ..

So I don't think it's a dma issue.Btw it reads from the HD and writes to the HD until the image is done.I then burn the image with no problems.

Are you creating an image on the same hdd as the files? Obviously that would involve a lot of random accessing and hence take ages.

Why not just burn on the fly? There won't be any difference in the final disc.

You are completely right, why bother when I can burn the image directly to the DVD.I'll howeverer try once to use separate HDs

for the files and the image.

Thank you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.