dl discs not finalising

kate1234

can someone please help when i burn a dual layer disc i get a cannot finalise error. someone said i need to update the firmware but when i try to do this in imgburn it cannot find it it says string not found. in device manager it does not say who is the manufactuer of the drive is just TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L632D ATA can someone please help me on how to find a firmware update or how to fix this problem so i can burn discs thanx in advance :rolleyes:

its a acer aspire 9300 laptop the current firmware is ac00 am using datawrite grey dl and here is log file and thanks for taking time to help me

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 - Log

; Monday, 21 May 2007, 12:55:40

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 12:03:17 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 12:03:17 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 12:03:17 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,168 KB - Available: 1,401,940 KB

I 12:03:17 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:03:17 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:03:17 Found 1 DVD

What's the manufacturer of your laptop? Only a firmware update from that manufacturer can be trusted.

Not strictly true >_< , no laptop manufacturer offers region free firmware , and its the drive manufacturer you can trust , not the laptop manufacturer <_<

thanks for all ur help everyone will try verbatim discs. am bit unsure of updating firmware as someone told me it could knacker my drive and it brand new laptop only had it a week but thanks for link mmalves av downloaded it just not done it yet gonna try discs first i think. been trying to booktype my drive but wont av it tried dvd info pro, dvd decryptor, and another one with no look if verbatim discs dont work dont no what to try next ne way thanks everyone

In my experience the fw update is more scary in thought than in deed ! :D Once you have done a couple of them you don't give them a thought, there is a guide to fw updates written by Shamus McFartfinger, have a read through of it here:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtop...entry6175

If you have already d/l the fw update above all you need to do is double click it and run it, you need to make sure that your laptop is connected to the mains power and not switched off until the update is complete.

under the impression that the drives were still expensive when compared to PC drives :)

Very much so. About 3 times the price here in Oz. Then you get to pull the lappy apart...... and they're absolute bastards to work on.

I agree completely...really wouldn't want to attempt a replacement myself, and to get it too fit with the mold of the case would be difficult as well. I did check on an NEC slimline for my laptop a few years ago and it was aroung $60 (US) if I remember correctly and eventually talked myself out of the venture. The way to go would be external via USB/firewire I would think.

Working on laptops sucks. You need 5 hands and a fcuking great shoehorn to get everything back into the case. Getting the things fixed just isn't worth it IMO. I have 4 lappys here all bought secondhand at auction for a steal. The cost of a new internal DVD drive and paying someone to fit it makes it more expensive than it would be to just chuck it out and get another one. I'll never understand why would a person need a state-of-the-art laptop if they're just going to surf the net.

I'll never understand why would a person need a state-of-the-art laptop if they're just going to surf the net.

I got mine so I could surf the net outside and also take it to work to burn/watch movies....uh yeah. :P

I can also sit on the couch or just stay in bed if I want and still have just about everything I need at my fingertips PC wise.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.