Burning Folders to CD?

unclescotty

When I click on the button that allows you to select your source, it won't let me select folders. Can you only select files?? That doesn't make much sense if you want to preserve your organization. Also, can ImgBurn burn to CDs or DVDs only?

Thanks, Scott

Please have a look at the Guides section of this forum :)

It's really not clear which mode to use. I am guessing build mode, but then I don't know what an ISO is. Is that the right mode for burning folders? Is an ISO for only certain kinds of files? Can you burn video, audio and images this way? What about .exes?

If you don't even know what an ISO is, ImgBurn isn't really the tool for you to use just yet.

It's not designed for people with NO idea on what they're doing.

Get used to the lingo via other 'user friendly' tools like Nero and then come back to ImgBurn when you're ready to.

If you don't even know what an ISO is, ImgBurn isn't really the tool for you to use just yet.

It's not designed for people with NO idea on what they're doing.

Get used to the lingo via other 'user friendly' tools like Nero and then come back to ImgBurn when you're ready to.

I've used nero, so I have seen this term- I just don't know what it means and don't think that using nero will teach that to me. Also, ImgBurn is free and I don't have Nero on this computer. So, I would like to use ImgBrn. So, can you tell me how to burn folders that contain various files using ImgBrn? Will it work with the various file types I mentioned?

Please read the ImgBurn Build Mode thread of the Guides forum.

I did read the guide, but I am still not sure whether burning an ISO will allow me to store the kinds of files I need- like can you burn an audio CD that way? What about image files? I also have some install CDs for commercial software that I want to copy, will that work with an ISO?? These things are not covered in the guide at all...

An ISO is an image file.

The program reads a bit from the ISO (image file) and writes it to the disc.

Look again at the name of the program for a second... 'ImgBurn'....'ImageBurn'.....'Image Burn' - yes, the app is totally based around burning images.

So if you want to burn an image file (ISO), you use 'Write' mode.

If you want to make an image file (ISO) out of random files on your hdd (or just burn them directly to disc), you use 'Build' mode.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.