A few questions about device buffer and burning issues

Nekki

Hello! There are few questions that are bothering me quite a long time, so I decided to post here :).

1. Is it normal that the buffer and device buffer go back and forth? Like 97% device buffer/buffer suddenly drops to 27% then back to 97%?

2. Does Buffer/Device buffer always back and forth affect my burns? For example, burned PS2 games cannot play in middle of gameplay?

3. I've been told that it's better to restart your computer after 1-2 dvd burns. Is that correct thing to do?

I'm using:

CPU: P4 2.4GHZ

RAM: 1GB

DVD Burner: NEC ND-3550A

Sorry for my crappy english and thanks for reading!

1. Yes, many drives do this. The buffer normally drops down when they perform WOPC (testing the burn quality on-the-fly as it burns so it can adjust the laser power).

2. No (see above)

3. No - all that might do is give your drive a second to cool down!

I'll leave the first two for the experts...

3. I've been told that it's better to restart your computer after 1-2 dvd burns. Is that correct thing to do?

I don't think this is necessary...I've often burned upwards of 10 per session on numerous occasions with no ill effects. I'm sure you could probably burn many more with no problems either.

EDIT: I didn't realize I typed so slow....:D

Edited by LOCOENG

I remember when my mate got a commodore 64 computer years ago, we told him after he played a game in order to play again he would have to re-load the game, @23 minutes a time.

About 6 months passed and we sat in his bedroom waiting to play zaxxon, he loaded it then played it, died, then asked if anyone else wanted a go then powered off the c64 rewound tape and typed load.

I remember when my mate got a commodore 64 computer years ago, we told him after he played a game in order to play again he would have to re-load the game, @23 minutes a time.

About 6 months passed and we sat in his bedroom waiting to play zaxxon, he loaded it then played it, died, then asked if anyone else wanted a go then powered off the c64 rewound tape and typed load.

Showing your age a little bit there aren't you? The first one (console) I remember was the Odyssey

• 4 weeks later...
Me too Faced the Same Issue with my Benq 1655..

is recommended to switch off WOPC from Qsuite ? ... so that the Device Buffer in Imgburn,stays around 89 - 92%

I use the 1655 and haven't modified any settings. The buffer swinging back and forth hasn't hurt the burns and I prefer that the burner use whatever tools it has to ensure the best possible burn. :thumbup:

Me too Faced the Same Issue with my Benq 1655..

is recommended to switch off WOPC from Qsuite ? ... so that the Device Buffer in Imgburn,stays around 89 - 92%

I use the 1655 and haven't modified any settings. The buffer swinging back and forth hasn't hurt the burns and I prefer that the burner use whatever tools it has to ensure the best possible burn. :thumbup:

any fix for this Jumping Buffer ?

DMA allows for faster transfer of information and faster burns, PIo is slower. You don't have any issues since you have DMA working alright. :)

thats the thing Got me worried ... cant pinpoint where the problem lies >_<

As The Boss stated the jumping buffer is no problem, mine does it as well. Leave Imgburn on default settings and all should be well. Make sure you have verify burn ticked off so Imgburn can compare and verify whats been burn't is exactly the same from the source. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.