Can burn video, but not data?

jkessels

I have a big problem: buring video DVD's works great, I can play them anywhere, but burning data DVD's fails spectacularly. It looks like sector zero is not written. I've tried several different ISO's from various sources, including freshly made new ISO's, Philips DVD-R and Sony DVD+R, lower burn speeds, different burn programs, new official firmware and new region-free firmware, two different burners (NEC 3550 and NEC 3510), but no joy. Burning movies works great, but why can't I burn data?

The ImgBurn Verify says:

I/O Error!

Device: [1:0:0] _NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A 1.07 (G:) (ATA)

ScsiStatusL 0x02
Iterpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00
Interpretation: Read(10) - Sector: 0

Sense Area: F0 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 00 00
Interpretation: Unrecovered Read Error

Imgburn log:

I 11:39:40 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 11:39:40 Microsoft Windows 2000 Server (5.0, Build 2195 : Service Pack 4)

I 11:39:40 Total Physical Memory: 1,041,320 KB - Available: 689,196 KB

I 11:39:40 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:39:40 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:39:50 Found 1 DVD

The exact same media and hardware work perfectly for video, so it cannot be the media. And the data dvd's cannot be read in other machines, so again it cannot be the media. And Philips, Sony, and NEC are excellent brands. The only thing that is rubbish is your answer, you snob.

You really are a fuckwit. Alot of Sony media, including the crap you are using, has been outsourced to a company in Singapore. The media is shit. Sony Japan media is "Class A" media. Yours isn't. You'll get the same answer in every forum you visit. It would seem, however, that you've neither the fucking brains nor the wit to recognise an honest answer when you see one. Now, kindly fuck off.

The content of the image you're burning shouldn't even come into it.

If the drive says it can't read a specific sector, it can't read a specific sector.

Nothing I can do or say will change that.

What you have here is a hardware issue - or if it's software, it's something working at a lower level than ImgBurn, making it seem like a hardware issue.

As for reporting Shamus.... =)) You started it by calling him a 'snob'. Don't give it out if you can't take it back.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.