I/O Error pioneer dvr 112

mattyjsmith

i admit i dont really know if what i am doing is correct, i am trying to burn an image ( 360 game ) and i am getting an I/O error. i am using datawrite d/l 10x dvd + r discs.

this is the problem

//****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 - Log

; Thursday, 31 May 2007, 22:04:06

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 19:52:34 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 19:52:34 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 19:52:34 Total Physical Memory: 1,046,720 KB - Available: 562,000 KB

I 19:52:34 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:52:34 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:52:34 Found 1 DVD

W 19:54:38 DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME) Failed! - Reason: Access is denied.

The solution to this problem is in the FAQ thread :)

By the way, in ImgBurn's Settings, you should leave the layer break option in 'Calculate Optimal', as the *.dvd file already tells ImgBurn which layer break to use.

ok i am going to get vertabins, that should rule out any media problems. i didnt know there was a newer firmware so i will also update that.

sorry for sounding dumb but i thought i had read the layer break had to be set manually to 1913760 ?

could my problems be vista related ?

thanks again

You shouldn't believe everything you read. Things change!

No, your problems shouldn't be Vista related. The errors should be coming directly from the drive itself. The image / software being used / OS have nothing to do with anything. This is purely a hardware / media issue.

done the firmware update to 1.21 and still having same error, i will buy verbatim discs tomorrow and try again. i am wondering if the dvr 112 is a bit of a problem drive reading about it in other forums ? anyway lets not judge just yet untill i try the verbatims. i have a funny feeling the new discs are not going to cure my problem but we will see.

thanks again and i will keep you posted.

burnt image with nero 7 premium and had internal target failure, burnt image with CloneCD and worked perfect.

conclusion : imgburn is fussy with media possibly.

thanks for everyones help but i think if im using cheap media imgburn is not really the best option.

burnt image with nero 7 premium and had internal target failure, burnt image with CloneCD and worked perfect.

conclusion : imgburn is fussy with media possibly.

thanks for everyones help but i think if im using cheap media imgburn is not really the best option.

LOL , well according to you Nero is the same then ???

ImgBurn isnt bothered what quality the media is , it works off what the drive reports back when a new disc is inserted .

I however think that using cheap media anyway will come back and smack your arse for you anywhere between 1 day and 2 years depending on which poor quality media you used . If its CMC based you may not be able to read the disc within 1 day of creating it

come on people im not running anything down here but look at the facts, i have used imgburn and nero 7 and i have had failures. i then use clone cd and everthing is fine, you read into that what you wish but im just saying i no longer have problems using cheaper discs with my dvr112. im sure verbatims are much much better, but who wants to pay twice as much for media if you dont have to.

thanks again to everyone who has helped me.

Mattyjsmith, Just don't burn anything you want to keep for an extended period of time on those discs if it's important, chances are there is errors on the finished products and also when you go back to the disc in as little as 6 months, it won't be readable anymore due to the degradation of the cheap dye on them. I'm sorry you don't believe us about Verbs. :)

There are no 'facts' here, all you're doing is playing a game of Russian roulette.

If you try something enough times, it's bound to happen eventually.

When you use Verbatim media, that would mean you occasionally get a duff burn.

When you use the other brands, that would mean you occasionally get a good burn.

I don't expect you to understand the technical side of the issue you're experiencing and how the software plays no part in it, but you really shouldn't be quite so cocky about the whole thing. It'll only come back to bite you on the arse - and I mean that in a friendly way!

If you go to any other forum that has no ties to Imgburn you will get the same answer to ditch the shit media you are using...so don't consider these to be all to biased of a source.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.