Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format

Federico

Many times I get this error: Failed to Write Sectors 0 - 31 - Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format

Then I try again and burns succesfully.

It doesn't happen with DVDDECRYPTER.

Here is LOG:

I 20:01:29 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 20:01:29 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 20:01:29 Total Physical Memory: 1.048.048 KB - Available: 355.568 KB

W 20:01:29 Drive K:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 20:01:29 AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to verify accurately, please ensure it's disabled!

I 20:01:29 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:01:29 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:01:30 Found 1 CD-RW, 3 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD

I 20:03:36 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKG05) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x)

These are some of the worst blanks going around. Give them the heave ho and buy some Taiyo Yudens or Verbatims.

Regards

I 20:03:36 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKG05) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x)

These are some of the worst blanks going around. Give them the heave ho and buy some Taiyo Yudens or Verbatims.

Regards

Thanks but it's not the media. In the Log you saw it's the same disk that gives the error and the burns OK. I don't even take it out of the drive. I click 'write' again and it burns OK the second time. But in the first try the drive does not even turn on the led, then gives the error. I've used some verbatims and the same happens. I'd say is the drive but I've changed it and got the same result. Besides that would't explain why I can't get the error with DVDDECRYPTER. It appears to be related to ImgBurn.

If you have another advice, please let me know.

Thanks,

Federico

Why bother asking for help if you think you already have all the answers?!

You're not in a position to 100% dismiss the media as being the issue. I bet if you tried some decent discs it would work fine.

These errors come directly from the drive. It's not complaining about what I'm doing, it's complaining that it can't write to the disc. That's a hardware problem, not software.

EDIT: Just saw you said Verbatims do the same thing. Ok, well they don't do it on my Pioneer 112.

Oh and drop the buffer back down to a 'normal' size (say 40MB). 256MB is way overkill unless you have a specific (odd) need for it. All you're doing is taking resources away from Windows.

post a log from when the verbatim disc did it

If you have also changed the drive then check how you have it connected/replace ide cable/check power cable/bios/if it persists then look at chipset drivers/ scan hard drive for errors/ then replace PSU.

Then clean install your operating system.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.