I/O Error, help

kunit1

errormessagefx3.jpg

Hi,

lately I have been getting this error message with both imgburn and dvddecrypter

I know that its not a problem with imgburn, but I was hoping that someone would help me solve this problem

this error message appears when I try to burn a disc; the burner starts to write the lead in and as soon as it wants to start burning the data this message appears.

burner: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N

firmware: JL10

media: DVD-R (Verbatim)

thanx in advance

Edited by kunit1

You have DMA issues.

Change the cable connected to the drive with a decent 40 pin, 80 wire one.

Make sure the jumpers are configured correctly so that it's set as a master / slave (NOT cable select) and then put it in the correct position on the cable. The master should be at the end of the cable, slave in the middle, motherboard on the other end.

Update your motherboard chipset drives and the ide controller ones. Then follow the post in the FAQ about DMA.

You should also update the firmware on the drive.

You have DMA issues.

Change the cable connected to the drive with a decent 40 pin, 80 wire one.

Make sure the jumpers are configured correctly so that it's set as a master / slave (NOT cable select) and then put it in the correct position on the cable. The master should be at the end of the cable, slave in the middle, motherboard on the other end.

Update your motherboard chipset drives and the ide controller ones. Then follow the post in the FAQ about DMA.

You should also update the firmware on the drive.

yes!!!finally somebody else with the same prob!!!thats the i/o error im getting as below...and as far as drivers..thats almost like finding virgins.im still looking for them for the chipset and bus controller.thinking of just buy a new comp with dual processors and all the upgrades.i know its not imgburn since i uninstalled it and loaded version 1.2.0.0 and it gave me the same error.post-2786-1186347751_thumb.jpg

thanx LIGHTNING UK for the reply.

My drive is set to master, its the only DVD drive connected to my motherboard.

The IDE cable I am using came with my asus motherboard which I just installed last month

I just flashed my DVD drive to JL12

I will also change the cable with the one installed in my other computer.

btw: the DVD drive was working perfectly 3 Days ago

will report back

What motherboard did you buy again?

Was it one that doesn't have a proper IDE port on the southbridge, but instead uses one by a 3rd party - i.e. JMicron?

My new board has a JMicron one that gives me the same Ultra DMA 32 CRC error so I just don't bother using it. I think my problem is that I'm using a cable that's longer than normal though.

I think my problem is that I'm using a cable that's longer than normal though.

HMMMMM....never heard someone blame failure on the fact that their 'cable' was longer than normal before.......I thought size didn't matter....I'll have to pm blu about that one............I read somewhere around here where his 'cable' was just a little shorter than normal..........=))=))

Waste of space Jmicron (dunno why I Have been thinking they were Jbmicron) must have been a typo in one of my manuals.

How long is the cable you have L_UK. above 70cm.

Thing is most modern case you cannot use standard 46cm or is it 48cm 80 wire Ide they are just not long enough and get nowhere near where you need them.

I have had to buy loads of 70cm ones, maybe some longer never had the errors others have had with longer cables but under the specs for Ide cable they do mention longer cables can cause all kinds of problems.

I use AC Ryan cables where the 2 connectors are right next to each other - which is of course perfect for optical drives.

They do 30cm, 60cm and 1m (or 90cm, I can't remember exactly). I'm using 60's at the moment. I could probably get away with 45's from where my board connector is, but they'd need to develop them first. :doh:

My Silicon Image card couldn't handle the 60cm cables and gave me the same UDMA/32 CRC errors as the JMicron controller. The onboard Intel one (on my old board) worked fine with them, as does my ITE card.

You like the sleeved ide cables then.

I hate em, used them a few times and got data curruption and a couple of broken Hd's(mind you there were both 1 week old maxtor drives) 300gig and 250gig, everytime I use them something goes wrong, more than likey coincidence.

Never used em since though.

They must have started to make em after seeing your post :D

http://www.acryan.com/_roundcables/ACR-RC9352.shtml 45cm

unless of course you meant 15cm

they just started to do them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.