Changing the book type

fundancer

Please help. I have an e-machine(gateway) computer that has a rebadged LG dvdram 4163B

(model HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B A101). I have tried to change the booktype so it will record a DVD+R as DVD-ROM.

But when I do for the 'Current Setting' it says "unknown (failed)" and I can't change the booktype. Even under the advanced tab. The ImgBurn is awesome. Works great, but when I record a dvd it always shows the book type as DVD+R. I do also have dvddecrypter but it also does the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Apply the latest firmware (A106) and try again.

Thanks for the help. I downloaded the new driver and rebooted. Also made sure the 'auto change booktype' was checked in the settings. Tried recording another dvd but in the last burn file it still shows booktype of dvd+r not dvd-rom like I had hoped for after the burn was completed. Not sure what else to do. Anyone have any more ideas? Thanks again.

Pop the burned disk back in, switch to read or write mode and see what the top right panel says. The app always says DVD+R in the write phase but if you verify, it should say DVD-ROM.

Regards

If the manual method of configuring the bootype isn't working, the auto way won't either.

There's obviously some generic issue with the commands simply not working on your drive.

If updating the firmware didn't fix it (original + crossflashing), pretty much your only option is to buy a new drive that supports bitsetting out of the box.

using 2.3.2 I just doublechecked my LG 4163 running the same firmware, did the setting for dvd+r to dvd-rom manually,

burned a disk it showed as dvd-rom after burning

I rebooted and then went back in and the setting was still there

saw no evidence of autobooktyping, even for dvd+r dl

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.