DL Burn Fails with i/o error before layerbreak

sith7

Hello! i have an ATA/IDE Benq dw1640 with BSRB FW running on windows vista ultimate with a gigabyte p35-dsr3 mobo with jmicron ide controller, for which i have the standard ide driver (ie.not the scsi one) installed, but everytime i try and burn a verb dl i get the following error at around 25%:

imgburn.jpg.xs.jpg

also under Filter Driver Load Order it shows [none found] for all but my cd-rom drive.. can someone offer me some insight as to where the problem exists.. also single layers burn fine.

.sith.

That jmicron controller is utter shite (I've got the same one on a new abit IP35 Pro board). I got the same error from the drives I had on mine and so I just replaced them with some newer SATA ones.

I do have an ITE8212 card in a PCI slot though and that's got 4 IDE drives on it that all work fine.

hmm... thanks chewy, thats the driver i already have installed, i saw you mention it in a different thread relating to the same thing, and lightning thats not the response i wanted, i don't want to have to get a new drive atm.. but if i have to i have to.. so the blank Filter Driver Load Order page is ok though?

.sith.

lol sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear but if the controller doesn't work, the controller doesn't work! (It's fine for the 2 eSata enclosures/drives I have attached to it though).

Normally when you get UltraDMA CRC32 errors you can just change the cable and they'll go away. Try that and if you're lucky it might work - it didn't for me.

You might also want to try updating the bios on your motherboard. It might come with a newer jmicron bios. The latest abit bios for my board only puts the .69 bios on for the jmicron chipset but I think they're on .71 or something now.

As mentioned previously, it's worth considering a little ITE8211 / 8212 (or Silicon Image 680) chipset PCI card to run the IDE drives. You can pick them up on ebay for

cool, thanks for all your help! i've got the latest F5e bios for my mobo, and i used the cable that came with my brand new board but i'll change it for the slight chance it might fix it.. also i'm not going to by a new ide pci card as this dvdrw will probably be the last ide hardware i own, so if it comes to it i'll just by a new sata dvdrw. thanks again..

.sith.

OMG! a new(old) rounded 80-pin ide cable fixed my issue! its always something you take for granted that is the root of the problem! thanks for all your help here, not to mention the enormous thanks required for writing this amazing prog.... please keep it up :)

.sith.

Edited by sith7

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.